aaa Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Original Message                 Date: 31-Jul-01  @  05:07 AM   -   Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

rhyze

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I started checking out DT a few years ago, when it was still something like bunji-reality.com. I know I wasn't one of the first to find this place so I'm curious about it's origins. I am sure it would be of interest for many to know a bit about the history of this site. I don't see an "about DT" section anywhere.

Mick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 131/157             13-Aug-01  @  07:16 AM     Edit: 13-Aug-01  |  11:44 AM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ah.. that's the one i was looking for - Mr Bingo-Bongo - 'Gentleman Bingo' !  

He's a rougue & mouser extraordinairre - mieow

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 132/157             13-Aug-01  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

psylichon

I've only been here about a year or so, so I gotta ask...

k, do you have a "thing" for kitties? I mean, I think they're cute and cuddly and funny as hell when you're stoned (or they are), but... um.... er.... well, to each his own, I guess :}

As far as pictures go, the one in my profile is definitely me (if it wasn't why the hell would I put such an ugly mug up to identify me?), and with all the honesty that goes on around here [....i'd rather watch paint dry than listen to that track again, etc.... ] I'm surprised more people haven't posted mugshots.

I mean, come on, do you really think your music is better and more "mysterious" if people dont' know what you look like? Even if that's the case, is that how you want to make your music more intriguing? This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just food for thought...

By the way, I do NOT surf the net unless I'm getting directions on mapquest or reading forums here. 'Nuff said. k, you da man and continued success...

psylichon

Message 133/157             13-Aug-01  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

dARKSTATe

*heh*

Who knows, if I end up working with Influx I'll get a funky arty b/w pic up of him at our webhole too..

Shit, if he actually comes over to the UK I'll *have* to get a pimpin' expose' photo of him and the girlies (provided he keeps his hands out of mischief at all times!!!)

Marc_D

Message 134/157             13-Aug-01  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

sitar

I saw a picture of K when beta testing the new DT. Cool looking dude. I can see why the police would tail him.  

Marc, you gonna work with Influx. Good move for both of you. But the photo op? You know you can take a photo of him alone in front of a black backround, then take a seperate photo of the girls in front of a black backround and put the 2 together in the darkroom so it looks like they all were happy together.

Message 135/157             13-Aug-01  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

dARKSTATe

Sitar you KNOW I couldn't do that... ;)

He'd KILL me if he missed the chance for a photo op. with the laydeez..   not that it wasn't hard enough getting promo pix of us lot as it was.. yep, muggins here had to sit looking all semi-serious and stoopid in pix before they agreed to have any taken... sheesh!! But its all for a good cause so...

And how about a pic of you Sit-meister?

Yeah - haven't talked about a collab. much since his move but I'm working on some material he can hopefully contribute to, so...  

Marc_D

Message 136/157             13-Aug-01  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

sitar

xoxos put a pic of me that I emailed him for that purpose up once in a thread everyone was putting their mugs up on. I think you needed an ftp address from where to post it at the time and I don't have one. If I come across it I'll put it up. I think it's on my old puter still. BTW, I tried to email you. The cd must've gotten lost between UK and US (maybe it's in the UN :P ). Sorry that you took the time to do that for naught. Maybe someone else is enjoying it anyway.

Message 137/157             13-Aug-01  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

dARKSTATe

Grrr... that's annoying! Hmmm well here's hoping the Darkstate CDs don't go the same way..

There should be some more pix going up soon... I'm almost getting past my abject shyness, but I'd much rather get other peoples on camera instead!!  

Marc_D

Message 138/157             13-Aug-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

sitar

I've gotten other cds from UK Dters, so it's probably an exception. Wouldn't worry. Although didn't you and friends come to NY when Lia couldn't make it and tried to get in touch with me? I remember staying home expecting your call, and you guys called but got some other number. Must be some karma with us. Anyways karma exists to be changed.

Message 139/157             13-Aug-01  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

dARKSTATe

Yeah - was kinda fuzzed about that.. had been lurking on DT for ages, and with Lia's help had gotten in touch with hedz and then kinda fumbled the ball... NYC ruled though and another trip is definately on the cards (PC and Studio upgrade not withstanding)

Can always do with more holidays, gotta wait until October before I get to go abroad again...  

Marc_D

Message 140/157             13-Aug-01  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: Kilo, how bout a DT history lesson?

sitar

I remember Lia talking about the mysterious Marc who lingered at DT and she was trying to get you to post. Now you post and she's disapeared. Where is that girl? Maybe you and Lia are the same person, kinda like Clark Kent and Superman who were never seen at the same time. I think I'm on to something here. Mild mannered Marc takes his glasses off and turns into the wild and beautiful Lia.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

There are 157 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot