aaa Stereo recording. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Stereo recording.

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Aug-04  @  12:23 AM   -   Stereo recording.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok, me and a friend have recently been recording some guitar and drums in my room onto Cubase VST and we've got a questions. Firstly we are using his mini-disc 4-track recorder as a mixer. We are only using 2 mics at one time but due to my soundcard only having one line input and no audio inputs we can only really come from the stereo outs on the desk converted into the line in on the soundcard. Is there any way that we could have each mic recording onto a separate track on Cubase simultaneously with this setup or do I really need to get multiple inputs into the PC? If so then is it worth me getting a better soundcard with multiple audio inputs. (My soundcard is a creative audigy 2zs)? I mean will the quality be affected from either way?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/21             24-Aug-04  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Stereo recording.

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok the cheapest thomann full set is called DC1500 (131 quid) - the smaller set is 4 mics and kik mic called the DC500 set - that set is only 65 quid! - aint tried em tho - the dc1500 has a bigger kik mic and two overheads included

i expect they are pretty much the same as the red5 ones... both chinese anyways - they look similar too

i think the DC1500 set has clips for the tom & snare mic, but the dc500 set doesnt have clips

anyways they are in the listings, have a look - i'll try and get a review, but realisticaly that cant happen till at least a month sadly, i'm way too busy this month.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot