aaa Welcome Me, Dammit - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Welcome Me, Dammit

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 08-Apr-03  @  04:26 AM   -   Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

well, I have been welcomed to the waldorf family by a mint condition blue micro q. It arrived today, about 3 weeks after I paid for the damn thing. I got completely what I wasn't expecting out of this piece of kit...got definitley way more than i paid for. In about 5 minutes, i was making patches that have been heard only in my dreams- so fuck off people who say that it's hard to get the hang of!  

well, i love it- and it's sounds will compliment my nova's sounds quite nicely in tracks to come :P

~bs

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             12-Apr-03  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

im afraid that ill go home and look at my micro q and piss myself :P

but the rack version doesnt really have much more knobs on it does it? has like a total of like 20 or so..prolly still a bunch of menuing.

do any of you use software editors?

Message 22/26             14-Apr-03  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

dARKSTATe

Didn't Norsez do a s/w editor for the uQ a while back? And I'm fairly sure you can get something for SoundDiver these days too..

Message 23/26             14-Apr-03  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

errata

Link?:  No link

hey, BS...

Knobs are nice, but they don't make the synth, hehehe. P's right, WAVEMORPHING is a gift from the synth gods... and the uq ain't got it. Still a wonderful little number, but the real Q is fuggin' awesome!

e

Message 24/26             14-Apr-03  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

milan

Link?:  Link

there are 2-3 s/w editors for the uQ out there. the ones i tried in demo mode didnt show all the parameters correctly, but again it was the demo version only so who knows... Sounddiver on the other hand does the job but i still never ever use it for the uQ except few times when i wanted to analyse patches done by others. everything else is accomplished by hands on tweaking. more spontaneous and quicker too probably.

Message 25/26             16-Apr-03  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Pongoid

why would anoe want to put all the features of the big one into the little one?

Soundiver will sort you for an editor.

Ape

Message 26/26             28-Apr-03  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Yeah, mine makes that high-pitched sound too when triggered by MIDI. Someone suggested it was the power supply, which had a loose-fitting jack, but then when I got the keyboard version that runs off a standard power cable, it did the same thing. So far I haven't figured out anything else to do about it, but the noise does tend to get obscured once some sounds are playing.

But there is that fx issue. Better start a new thread.

Welcome, Broken Silence.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot