aaa Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 20-Dec-10  @  11:58 PM     Edit: 21-Dec-10  |  12:00 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

as requested - including all tips, remapping controllers, turning off faders, customising LED displays, using 2-units, etc etc.

This is in HD on youtube, dunno if it takes time to get different playback quality selections on the plylist embed.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             24-Dec-11  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

admin

Link?:  No link

did you try disconnecting the unit and then deleting all midi devices from osx's

that is in: osx user-account / applications / utilities / audio & midi setup  

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 22/26             05-Jan-12  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

oscarat50

Hi, I have the exact same problem, I tried everything, deleting from "Audio Midi" configuration, delete logic preferences, reconfigure the unit for logic control, etc etc, and it still shows these Cyan bars in the mixer, please help me fix this, my unit is using v1.10 firmware via usb and connected to Logic Pro 9. thanks a lot!

Message 23/26             06-Jan-12  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

k

Link?: Link

what does the arrange-page stack look like please? cos that's what the bcf uses to assign channel

also can we see a screenshot of the bcf setup in logic? need to see the left-column of the setup, with all the parameters.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 24/26             01-Mar-14  @  08:10 PM     Edit: 01-Mar-14  |  08:24 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

chaosmeister

joseph@soilsound.com wrote:
Ive also noticed 4 blue control surface bars, in addition to the 8 white ones at the bottom of the mixer? This seems to have something to do with it. I dont remember seeing the blue bars in the tutorial or on my screen before.

I know I'm late to the party, but was this ever solved? I just watched the 16 (excellent!) videos and got Logic and the BCF working together nicely, except for this one thing: I get 8 white underlines (ch1-8) and a blue one (ch9), and when I bank right on the BCF, the mapping jumps to ch10-17 instead of the desired ch9-16, thus leaving ch9 unreachable.  Now I could drop in an empty track after every 8 tracks, but that rubs my sense of aesthetics the wrong way :-).

Any reply appreciated...

cheers, cm

Message 25/26             01-Mar-14  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

chaosmeister

chaosmeister wrote:
I just watched the 16 (excellent!) videos and got Logic and the BCF working together nicely, except for this one thing: I get 8 white underlines (ch1-8) and a blue one (ch9), and when I bank right on the BCF, the mapping jumps to ch10-17 instead of the desired ch9-16, thus leaving ch9 unreachable.  Now I could drop in an empty track after every 8 tracks, but that rubs my sense of aesthetics the wrong way :-).

Just fixed my own problem.  I removed the file com.apple.logic.pro.cs -- this is the Control Surface preferences file, and it is located in HD:Users:<your account>:Library:Preferences.  Delete it, restart Logic while the BCF is turned on, and Logic will re-install the BCF as a Logic Control.  Once that is done, quit Logic (forcing Logic to create a fresh preferences file) and make a copy of that prefs file and store it someplace safe.  

Now you can (restart Logic and) tweak the Control Surface preferences to your liking.  If all goes well, quit Logic again (thus saving the prefs) and back up the prefs file again, deleting the previous backup.  Now you have a tweaked & clean prefs file.  If anything goes wrong in the future, simply replace the prefs file with the backup copy.

Phew.  Midnight.  Glad I got this figured out before going to bed  .

Message 26/26             01-Mar-14  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Full user guide - Behringer BCF2000 & Logic Pro

admin

excellent work mate!

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)