aaa Why I'm Over The Virus - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why I'm Over The Virus

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  04:05 PM   -   Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've tried, I swear to god I've tried. But, I just don't like The Virus anymore. I have a Virus B and I'm just not convinced by it anymore. I think its great for Trance and possibly Jungle. The Virus is amazing for pads but that's it! Ask it to do some housey sounding stuff like nice, warm keyboard type sounds and it fails in my book. I don't rate it for bass either!

"YOU FOOL" I hear you cry. "YOU'VE probably never tweaked a preset" I hear you mutter. Thing is I have delved deep into the virus but just can't come up with anything that sits in the mix.

I'm not some newbie either. I've had 10 house tracks out over 2.5 years. One even got played on Pete Tongs show on radio one, late last year.

I'm selling it this weekend. I'll just stick to soft synths from now on.

Goodbye Access - you were a waste of £800. See ya!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/37             22-Apr-03  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

influx

Link?: Link

and PPS, EVERYONE hates YOU now, you smug fuck.

Message 22/37             22-Apr-03  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

psylichon

influx, why respond at all after a ps like that? Take a hint!

Message 23/37             22-Apr-03  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

knowa

Link?:  Link

swan:

akufen is his name. very fun

Cher's "Do You Believe" established her as the edge-cuttingest houser ever in the history of time since the 1970's.

Message 24/37             22-Apr-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

knowa

I meant to add ^

http://shop.force-inc.com/jump.php4?aid=MP080

Message 25/37             23-Apr-03  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

I thought the good thing about americans on DT was that they DID understand sarcasim. Obviously not. Oh well, off to dogsonacid.com.

Message 26/37             06-May-03  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Pongoid

Ok, I can tell you some smokin house producer. Jaswho?

He's bad ass, and he plays it live.

Another cat on the serious up-and-coming is Bradelectro, and guess what? He uses a Virus, and...it's sounds like house to me.... Still, if this dude's not sure, then mybe he should look for a Fantom. I GUARANTEE he'll be able to find some sounds he can tweek to taste and make some house with. It's cool. Not my taste, but if easy house sounds are what he wants...there they are, and no bones about it.

Ape

Message 27/37             07-May-03  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

jp

i think this was a troll's post. no one who owns a virus and makes house music has any complaints about the virus. it's dope.

Message 28/37             07-May-03  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

Never heard of Jaswho? Or Brad Electro. Very odd cos all the top house producers who's website's I visited (and who list their studio kitlist) DON'T list a virus. Now if we're talking about the Korg ms2000, that's a different matter. But no, for house (apart from pads) the virus doesn't work. Only my opinion though.

Message 29/37             07-May-03  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

anna

Brett Johnson uses a virus.

Message 30/37             07-May-03  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

jp

i use a virus. you can check out my new record on www.groovetech.com. do a search for jp soul or roam recordings.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot