aaa bask in this my minions! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bask in this my minions!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jan-04  @  04:17 PM   -   bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  File

80_detuned_saws.mp3
To my amazement, many of you haven't heard what a REAL supersaw is!

So I took some time out of my schedule and did a little JP-8080 demo for fun.

It's PURE JP- no extras. I didn't even use the onboard chorus- no extra effects- I did use the onboard delay. No reverb etc etc

I used the onboard treble control to bump it up a bit..

So here it is EIGHTY detuned saws..singing for you. Yep, 8-0- .... enjoy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/65             28-Jan-04  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

steve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hands up who's run out of ritalin?

Message 22/65             28-Jan-04  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

psylichon

Link?: Link

Pongoid, just admit yer an asshole, let us agree, and then we can all move on.

Message 23/65             28-Jan-04  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

influx

fckin hilarious!

sucky thing is I couldnt sleep last night...

Message 24/65             28-Jan-04  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

Sure, I'm an asshole. Guess that makes two of us, psil. I've never said I was anything to the contrary. That does't make trance suck any less. Doesn't make that sound or ones like it any less lame. Broken could come up with better. What's your point?

Ape

Message 25/65             29-Jan-04  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

psylichon

Just calling the sky blue, my man.

Message 26/65             29-Jan-04  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

cydonia cell

For the record, Pongoid has always been clear that he's an asshole...

And really guys, so what?

e

Message 27/65             29-Jan-04  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

influx

so what, what?

Message 28/65             29-Jan-04  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

CydoniaCell

What?

e

Message 29/65             30-Jan-04  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

I'll tell you what: jp-8080's are for the most part overrated, especially for the price. SH-32 sucks ass as well. Roland could do so much better. Wish the VariOs wasn't such a rip-off of the chamaeleon, but admittedly some of the apps do seem pretty cool. The vp-9000 is a smokin tool. Why couldn't Roland have integrated some of its synth feature in the JP into that thing and made some even better?

*shrugs*

So not only am I an asshole, but I'm a bitchy one too. That's what. Now go make trance.

PWAHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!...

Ape

Message 30/65             30-Jan-04  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

cydonia cell

Agreed Pongoid... The 8080 could have been a WAY better synth. I'm not clear on how it is that Roland is getting away with their current business model... 90% shit! The V synth is decent, but it's too many ideas in one box and very poorly implemented!

The thing is the 8080 IS a damned fine modeller, pretty good sound modelling, but featureless and gimicky!!! Don't even say SH32! DAMN!

e

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)