aaa Firewire for PC? (828MKII) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Feb-04  @  09:58 PM   -   Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Im lookin at gettin a MOTU 828MKII to streamline my system even more (wont need a monitor mixer anymore, or heck, a patchbay even!) and am not sure what a good firewire PCI card to get is.

MOTU rec's against certain chips on the card, and says get either TI or...another one...

anyone have suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/30             18-Feb-04  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Efny

Link?:  No link

I run a 828Mk2 on my PC with no problem. I also run a Powercore Firewire on another firewire port and it works fine that too. The PCI-firewire-card I use is Adaptec Fireconnect 4300.

Message 22/30             20-Feb-04  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Moujik

Link?: Link

New Edirol firewire looks ok too ^^

Message 23/30             28-Feb-04  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

influx

Link?:  Link

thank you efny!

Message 24/30             05-Mar-04  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

well, got it installed. Quite easy to do. already forgot the name of the FW card I bought...but it seems to be workin fine

EXCEPT I cant get windows to play through it (really only want media player so I can listen to MP3s) and stinkin wavelab plays back at like half speed, which logic tells me is due to the sample rate, but everything is set at 44.1

oh...to the cats that said they use one of these...I didnt get a PC manual with it...

is there any way to double the main outs to another pair of outs? I have a Behringer RTA and just want to send a second pair of outs to the RTA but not go _through_ it to my monitors...

Message 25/30             05-Mar-04  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

heh. PC manual is on the flipside of the mac manual. doh!

Message 26/30             07-Mar-04  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

EFNI...

Im still tryin to mirror the main outs so I can send to my RTA. cant for the life of me figure it out!

Message 27/30             07-Mar-04  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

milan

dont you have that CueMix utility for routing?

Message 28/30             07-Mar-04  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

that seems to be for routing inputs etc.

Ive tried everything I can think of, and i have read the manual. cant get it to work!

grrrr

Message 29/30             07-Mar-04  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

psylichon

On the 2408, it's on the control console where you adjust buffer sizes. There's a button called "enable routing" that allows you to redirect outputs and stuff. This may not be what you're looking for, tho... [shrug]

Message 30/30             07-Mar-04  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Firewire for PC? (828MKII)

Influx

nope

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)