aaa Macs! What are they again?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Macs! What are they again??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jun-04  @  01:57 AM   -   Macs! What are they again??

Steve Roughley

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi all.

God... been ages since I last posted here.

Anyways, working late and one of my workmates showed me this earlier today, and I thought you lot might be interested:

web-link

I'm buying one!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/36             14-Aug-04  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

but isnt the way the programme screen slinks away down top the task bar just to die for!

Message 22/36             15-Aug-04  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

no it's not!!!! - it looks to me like it's being flushed down the toilet!! - makes me want a crap whenever i see it  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/36             15-Aug-04  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

psylichon

hehe, yeah, I turn off "the genie" cause, um, I'm straight

Message 24/36             16-Aug-04  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

dARKSTATe

Where's that musineer dude gone?! Oh.. yeah.. riiiight...

Message 25/36             20-Aug-04  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

Musineer Productions

Yup, I'm still blubbing and wondering what virus thing I've got. It knobbled the
Norton which I can't reload. Grisoft AVG7 loaded and found some ad-ware, for all
sorts of sites which I don't vist on the PC . Honest, I've
an old Mac for that!

The XP help has gone, and Explorer is slow, though the appli (sorry) programs
seem to work ok. The Modem and fax are also knobbled (wizard shows greyed out
option on Network set-up). The Broadband set-up again ok though.

I'm going to reload XP, and if still no joy I've been given killdisk.

The Macs are still runnng fine

K, I tried Logic on the G4 400 and it worked smoothly. No sluggishness at all.

Perhaps the one button takes a bit of getting used to - it's what you're familiar with I
suppose.

Message 26/36             20-Aug-04  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

dARKSTATe

Flatten the box. Rebuild, bung on the hotfixes but NOT SP2 and keep the thing off the net!

Then it'll run like a dream..  

Message 27/36             20-Aug-04  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

psylichon

use firefox instead of internet explorer

Message 28/36             20-Aug-04  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

dude - mine is on 24/7 - use a firewall (Zone-alarm, use a good AV (I use avast, but whatever), IF you must use IE and NOT Mozzila, then get the anti-hacks (Spywareguard) for IE, ad-aware etc for payware.... should be fine.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 29/36             20-Aug-04  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

Musineer Productions

Ah, useful comments at last!

I didn't know there were such problems with IE (I only use it cos its free, not out of
mis-placed loyalty to old Bill). I'll take your advice and find the progs mentioned.

Trouble is, I supplement the earning from three afternoons of music teaching by
designing web-sites with the missus. Even Safari (e-mac) requires fiddling with to
display a site as intended. Netscape renders sites differently again. I wonder how
Mozilla will do? Is IE still the most common? Or is there nothing in it these days?

Seems the gist of what you're all saying is don't surf with the music machine.
What a sad world we sit in. A bloke at work has offered an old PC for surfing, so I'll
set that up, install the AV etc stuff, check the backup cds for nasties, then I can
continue with the noises.

dARKSTATe, what's wrong with SP2? I've not even seen it yet. I've just updated
from 98 to Xp at work, so I've no intention of going through that again if at all
possible. But should the bloke in a white coat appear with a disk, what rational
reason can I give him to send him away without upgrading the os? Oh, and I hope
'flatten the box' was figurative

I've downloaded the videos for installing xp, which are a great idea if a little out of
focus. For folkes like me who balk at words like BIOS its really useful to be able to
see the screen as the install happens. No jargon needed. A big thanks to whoever
took the time to do that

Message 30/36             20-Aug-04  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

craig

Mozilla (non-Firefox) = Netscape 7.

Our statistics show that we're at about 92% IE, 5% Netscape, and the rest is a mishmash of Mozilla, Opera, Safari, and others I've not heard of before  

Usually we concentrate on building things that functino fully in Netscape, but are designed for the best experience under IE. It all depends on what you're trying to deliver though. I'd approach design very differently for a web application as I would a band's website.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot