aaa Logic 5.5 is finally falling - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-04  @  01:10 PM   -   Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Its getting quite scary now. Native instruments new 3 pack of keyboards (that sound TIGHT) hasn't been tested in PC Logic 5.5 and is unavailable. I haven't really noticed this all too much until now. I bet there is going to be some super soft synth, made by NI that does everything for you and I'll have to convert to Logic on the MAC to be able to use it, :-( Booooooooooooooo!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/43             01-Sep-04  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

So guys,

What would you say are your favourite Logic native plug-ins. For some bizarre reason I keep heading towards the modulation delay over loops and single shot drum samples. I sit there for hours playing with this plug-in. Then I get bored and skin up. Then play with it again. Although it does sound kinda cool over pads aswell. I can never seem to hear the effect of the sub bass plug-in though. Maybe my Tannoy Reveals don't go that low, dunno! In terms of adding dirt to one's drums, do you guys use overdrive or distortion. I tend to use overdrive as when I attempt to use overdrive on my desk via the gain pots, the sub group drum compressor gets overloaded badly but I'm making sure I'm using the -10db switch at the back. Weird. Wow, I sound like I'm really moaning don't I?!? My levels to my compressors overloads so easy that infact I can only get my sum mackie desk signal to +3 on the meters which reads 0db on my main mix compressor. But when I
A/B a CD track that I like burnt into Logic, it hits +20 db on my mackie but still 0db on my main compressor. Its very annoying because I can never use an A/B track to help me set levels. For example the kick drum sounds nice and fat off the CD track and hits -4 on my compressor but when I try and set the same level on my kick to get -4 on the compressor, I have to boost loads on the desk which ends up taking up all the level on the desk stereo meters. Very badly explained I know so lets just call this a moan rather than a cry for help.

Message 22/43             01-Sep-04  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

milan

Link?: Link

lol... spontaneous rant.

favourite plugins... dunno, but i love the different distortion plugs in Logic. actually i like the compressor too.- when you turn autogain on, it makes the sound hard for some reason, which works well for harder drums. not so good for "nice" stuff tho. actually, the thing i most like about Logic are the mad and almost unlimited routing capabilities which allow me to show off in front of newbies and sonar users alike . hi psy ;)

Message 23/43             01-Sep-04  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

Link?:  Link

tape delay, autofilter, noise gate, i use the compressor when i want a harder sound as well ... mostly tape delay

Message 24/43             01-Sep-04  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

... on the other hand ;

there's no plugin delay compensation on busses which makes the nice routing a bit useless

the sends aren't properly stereo

not that i use it, but the rewire is crap.

no offline bounce

Message 25/43             01-Sep-04  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

k

oh yeah jesus - NO offline bounce is THE most frikkin LUDICROUS part of Logic... *shakes head in disbelief*

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 26/43             02-Sep-04  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

casparproject

Link?: Link

autofilter, stereo delay, bitcrusher and platinumverb

Message 27/43             06-Sep-04  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

Beds, what d'you mean by no plug in compensator on a bus? D'you mean things are not as tight timing wise if you use a send rather than an insert?

Message 28/43             07-Sep-04  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Drop

Bumpin the 7th. Please, I'm worried.

Message 29/43             07-Sep-04  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

beds

if you use vst inserts on a normal track channel then logic will compensate for any delay introduced by the plugin.

if you group your drums to a buss, use a load of vst inserts on that buss, logic won't compensate for any delay.

it's says in Audio > Audio Preferences : Plug-in Delay Compensation (Audio Tracks and Instruments)

and i just tested this - it doesn't work at all for DX plugins.

Message 30/43             07-Sep-04  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.5 is finally falling

Dominic

But beds, are you taking about VST effects like GRM Tools having a delay or native logic plug-ins aswell?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)