aaa First! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: First!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Apr-08  @  12:10 PM   -   First!

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Cha! First post in the new-look forum!

Big up K for making it happen, new frontpage looks wicked mate

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/30             22-Apr-08  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: First!

admin

Link?:  No link

actualy you can't stop someone adding a larger image, it just gets resized to 50 x 50 pixels because the only place it displays is on the forums. So the restriction is instead in the filesize which is set small (an outside 10Kb total so it'll take 11 or 12kb or so) I suppose we could bump it a tad to 20k, the thing is a small avatar will be a small filesize and we dont want forum loads slowed by having to load 500k of avatars with each page load even if they still only display at 50 x 50 pixels

cheers

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 22/30             23-Apr-08  @  06:45 AM     Edit: 23-Apr-08  |  06:51 AM   -   RE: First!

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Ahh, I'm perfectly happy with the 50x50 avatar, as long as it is not stretched by the browser to 80x80

(For now just forget it, I guess you have more important things to fix at the moment.)

edit: yeah, the more and more I click around 7161 the better the whole thing feels... very fast, no clutter, easy, simple and fresh. Adding hookops hmmm, does it work yet?

Message 23/30             23-Apr-08  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: First!

nutoniom

Hey! looking good looking good. Only problem i can see so far is my "website" is gone. Props for
all the work, but may I suggest some form of e-mail out next time so we're not left in the dark for so
long ?

Message 24/30             23-Apr-08  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: First!

admin

Link?:  No link

Sorry rags and nutoniom

1. the homepages will be back online soon, sorry about that.

2. the avatars DO display at 80 x 80, so the admin was wrong and has now been corrected to say 80x80. That's cos we started with them at 50 x 50 then decided to make them bigger and fopgot to alter the admin text

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 25/30             23-Apr-08  @  06:12 PM     Edit: 23-Apr-08  |  06:19 PM   -   RE: First!

rags .aka. welder

OK, thanks for clearing that up!

(oh yeah, it looks much better!)

Message 26/30             26-Apr-08  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: First!

rags .aka. welder

Ok, "Add new track" dialog (second one) does not accept time shorter than 1.xx.

So for 0.45 it says that I should fill out the track time filed.
For 1.45 it works perfectly.

Message 27/30             27-Apr-08  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: First!

k

ah i see, you mean the text says to add it like that, but i tried making a track time 0.45 and it did it ok

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/30             27-Apr-08  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: First!

rags .aka. welder

That's funny, I've entered 0.45 and I got a red warning at the top of the page that I should fill out the filed. When I entered 1.45 it worked...

Could be an Opera thing though I don't know how...

Message 29/30             28-Apr-08  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: First!

nutoniom

yeah, probably a Phantom of the Opera thing

Message 30/30             28-Apr-08  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: First!

milan

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)