aaa Why I'm Over The Virus - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why I'm Over The Virus

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  04:05 PM   -   Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've tried, I swear to god I've tried. But, I just don't like The Virus anymore. I have a Virus B and I'm just not convinced by it anymore. I think its great for Trance and possibly Jungle. The Virus is amazing for pads but that's it! Ask it to do some housey sounding stuff like nice, warm keyboard type sounds and it fails in my book. I don't rate it for bass either!

"YOU FOOL" I hear you cry. "YOU'VE probably never tweaked a preset" I hear you mutter. Thing is I have delved deep into the virus but just can't come up with anything that sits in the mix.

I'm not some newbie either. I've had 10 house tracks out over 2.5 years. One even got played on Pete Tongs show on radio one, late last year.

I'm selling it this weekend. I'll just stick to soft synths from now on.

Goodbye Access - you were a waste of £800. See ya!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/37             07-May-03  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

why did you buy it then?

Message 32/37             08-May-03  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

who the fuck even cares at this point?

Message 33/37             08-May-03  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Pongoid

I have a friend who was going to Berklee College of Music for a while. He tested through his firt three years in his first few months there. To this day, he's still one of the most amazing musicians I've ever met, heard, seen, etc. I remember asking him when I last caught up with him "So who are you listening to these days..?" He replied "If you've heard of them, they're not the ones." I'm not calling anybody the top or the best, but the names I mentioned are some smokin cats. If you don't believe it, check'em out. Being as big as Oakenfold, or Digweed does not make one great. Just cuz folks call you 'top' doesn't make you even good. It just means that you have good marketing, distro, and can get folks to buy your shit.

Hater, you want house? They ain't using an MS2000 either. They're using Moog, SCI, Hammond, Rhodes, and old Roland gear. If Louie Vega needs some hammond played, you think he just pulls it off of a sample CD or out of some new box? Hell no, it's either off of an old record of the real deal, or he'll have somebody play the shit. Junior, and Danny too. Cummon dude. Most of the REAL dope shit though, I'll bet you ain't heard of, cuz the best house was almost always on white lables, and they just don't make shit like they used to. Newer house, for the most part sux. Not too many peeps out there droppin good shit, but if you dig, you'll find some. Chances are, it don't matter WHAT gear they're using, cuz the magic ain't in the boxes.

"What is the strength of the sword next to the hand that wields it?"

Ape

Ape

Message 34/37             08-May-03  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

psylichon

When was your friend at Berklee?

"...who was going to Berklee College of Music for a while"

That means either A. He was actually really good and got a gig before finishing or B. Couldn't afford it anymore.

If you actually finish Berklee, you're not good enough to succeed. Lurvly old joke there...

mr. tangential

Message 35/37             08-May-03  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

I Lose.

Message 36/37             16-May-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Broken Silence

you still there a hater? if you wanna get rid of your virus, i may have a proposition for you...

Message 37/37             04-Jun-03  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

man called clay

well...finally got my a~

sho is purdy to me>

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot