aaa I am a GOD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I am a GOD

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-99  @  09:05 AM   -   I am a GOD

Coppertony

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm no GEEK, and I don't Flame. I figured I could get help from some intelligent musicians, but all of you would rather talk about burned retinas. Well, I'm going with Cubase, Yamaha DSP, a midi interface, and that will get me started. I'm researching the Nord Lead, or Waldorf Keyboards (FIZMO Sux) and a couple rack mounts (Emu Orbit, Korg N1R, Etc.) The new Korg Triton is great, I messed with it, it has a built in sampler, so that would alleviate me buying one. Don't offend me, I'm way cool, and you might be surprised to know who I am

Tony

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/246             16-Aug-99  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Tony

Throwing my Casio away........Haha

Message 32/246             16-Aug-99  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

jp

my roomate used the casio keyboard i found on the street as his midi controller while his juno 106 was loaned out. made a nice track with it. work it with whatcha got...

Message 33/246             16-Aug-99  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

xoxos

Link?: Link

if you feel like the songs are already written and all you want is to get some capable boards and lay it down, i'd suggest going for boards with good interface more than overall capability, ie. synths with knobs, and dedicated controllers for all functions. the nordlead has a nice pitch stick to boot, if you're into 'live' playing.

my first sampler was mono, 8 bit, and with functions to match. my current sampler is an s2k, which is more capable, reproduces more accurately, but even using premade templates, it still takes way longer to set up a kit. the multi step filter just drives me crazy to configure. i don't know what new samplers there are that will give you decent sound with a cheesy, easy interface, but i'd look into it if you want to get stuff out, since going straight into a more powerful unit might bog you down.

Message 34/246             16-Aug-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

JUDGE JULES

No you are all wrong, I am God actually!

Message 35/246             16-Aug-99  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

GOD - the real one

fuck off... I'm God and I'm a DJ... Jesus !!!

Message 36/246             16-Aug-99  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Jesus

yes dad ?

Message 37/246             16-Aug-99  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Tony

What is the record for replies to one posting?

Do I get a prize?

Diving Faces..........

Tony

Message 38/246             16-Aug-99  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

slimedog

Link?:  Link

yeah, I like what your saying about interfaces.... what sampler do you all think has the best interface? I mean... for synths, obviously those with knobs are usually going to be the most fun to screw around with, but as far as samplers? I used an S-550 for quite a while, and I HATED it.... Everything with a mouse and monitor. It was worse than using a computer.

Message 39/246             17-Aug-99  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Jasper

Well I owned an s2000 for 2 years and while I got used to it pretty quickly I found the pages of menu's a bit long winded.. Now I have an a3000 and the menu matrix is far superior.. Plus I don't miss having a screen to use, I find I listen more rather than looking.

Getting to learn the a3k is quite a steep learning curve for the first week but then things fly along.. It's just a case of knowing where stuff is..

Like Craig says buy an a3k and learn it back to front, inside out.. I have said this a few times, I am still discovering new funky things to do with this sampler.

Even something simple like buying a boss overdrive pedal and chucking some sounds though that will change the way you work for a while.. It's all about inspiration, expensive equipment shallowly learnt won't result in good tracks however well produced they are.

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest an a3000 with output board, nice rack delay unit, a multi FX (to work along side the a3k's FX), decent mixer with mid swept eq (mackie or something), a few funky pedals (overdrive, flanger, chorus (boss are quality), a dat recorder, maybe a compressor, plenty of leads, a lava lamp (essential, something to stare at when listening rather than the screen), lots of fruit juice..

You can produce club quality tracks with the above setup.. Add a couple of analogue synths for the squelch side of things and your laughing.

Message 40/246             17-Aug-99  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Rez

To sum up what Craig and Jasper have said:

A3000:http://www.yamaha.co.uk/synth/html/current/samplers/d_a3000.htm

Access Virus: http://www.synthony.com/Products/virus.html

Waldorf Q: http://www.waldorf-gmbh.de/q/q.html

Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro: http://www.mackie.com/Products/VLZPRO/1604VLZPro.asp

And to add my $.02:

Event 20/20P: http://www.event1.com/products/monitor.html

RM1X: http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/feb99/articles/yamaharm1x.htm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

There are 246 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)