aaa tip and tricks for pro-mixes - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 22-Feb-02  @  09:09 PM   -   tip and tricks for pro-mixes

Brett

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

1) Insert a 2band eq or two in to the reverb chain to high and lowpass filter your reverbs. This cleans them up and they shimmer nicley.
2) #1 also works on delays
3)use a chorus/flanger as a splitter to make subrtactor synths have stereo out. select bypass. This will make #4 possible.
4)insert a delay into one channel of each stereo track. Alternate between delaying the left and right channels of all of your tracks, except the kick and bass, between 1-50ms. This will open up the mix and give new life and space to all your sounds. Works wonders on snares, pads, and hi-hats rolls giveing the last an auto pan effect you hear on Hybrid, Uberzone, etc. You may have two play with the wet dry mix on the drums. Solo out the track and get it right. Most synth parts work best 100% wet, but snares are trickier requiring 1-3ms, and %10-%50 wet.
5)to get thick unison synths , use 3-4 subtractors submixed to one mixer. Use two of the same osc on each subtractor. Sequence out your entire song, and then when you have the track with all filter tweaks done, copy the midi to the other two tracks, and copy the patch two the other two synths. If you make changes you will need to recopy the midi over and the patch over again.
6)Export some of your one hit sweeps and stabs. Load them into an editor like wavelab or soungeforge. reverse them, then load them back into an empry NN19 and assign them to a key. You can do this by hitting the file button at the top of the display window. Works great for creating reversed snares,hats, sweeps strings etc. I also loaded an 808 kick that I use for old school pitched kcik drum.
7)if yoiu have rebirth take advantage of loading those standard aiff files into a Redrum. They are locared in the propellorheads\modpacker\standard componants file. 909 kicks and hats never let me down.
8)For Sonar users,if you have a multi-channel sound card like a dspfactory, you can run Reason with Sonar. I use this for tracking vocals. You just select no audio in reason. launch Sonar, then select the directx driver in reason. Put those headphones on and set up you input buss to recieve audio from only the mic in and away you go, then load the vocals into a NN19 after they have been compressed using a waves RCL or other nice plug-in comp. You can sync reason to Sonar using Hubi's loopback virtual midi ports.

Goodluck. I will be posting up some very usfull subtractor patches in this thread. I encourage you to add your ideas and patches as well.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/42             30-Jul-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

BJT

Link?:  No link

Okay I just repeated what some others wrote way way above.

Message 32/42             31-Jul-02  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

Brett

Link?: Link

Don't worry, i have listed the multing thread earlier, just didn't go as deep with it until now. The reverbs require a lot of eq.

Message 33/42             02-Aug-02  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

Drop

Yer, yer, delay the delay.

Message 34/42             04-Aug-02  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

Brett

riiiiight!

Message 35/42             01-Oct-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

void

Great Thread, Brett!

Message 36/42             05-Dec-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

BJT

More! More!

Message 37/42             05-Dec-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

milan

Link?: Link

here´s one: use external sequencer for mixdown. sounds much better with propper effects!  

Message 38/42             06-Dec-02  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

brett

here is one,

use a access virus instead.

sorry just got mine. i am having a hard time going near softsynths.

Message 39/42             07-Dec-02  @  05:05 AM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

BJT

More! More!

Message 40/42             09-Dec-02  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: tip and tricks for pro-mixes

horizens

take a redrum or rex player and plug it straight
into a malstrom's filter a and b. add some
saturation. want some creative processing?
modulate with mod A and B.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot