aaa Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 08-Dec-05  @  01:39 AM   -   Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

2nd mouse

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've had my tracks hosted here for over a month now. One of them has been played 147 times , but I've yet to have anyone leave a message to say if they even liked it.
7161 doesnt have a very welcoming vibe , and I got an " I'm alright Jack " feeling from here.
This message will probably be sneered at , but if there are a lot of people getting that sense about 7161 , people will feel alienated and the numbers will dwindle as they go to graze on other pastures.
This is the first time I've been back here in about 3 weeks and theres not a single review of any of my tracks. I have them based elsewhere , and there isn't this kinda problem at those sites

Just my 2 cents -------------------- 2ndMOUSE

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/55             10-Dec-05  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

Link?: Link

it sure is nice to see people chiming in on the occasional discussion.
shit i might even have to take me mittens off here.
you k....you rock when you tawk beyond the merest utterances

more on that upgraded-users offer!!!!!

Message 32/55             10-Dec-05  @  07:45 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mr.me

Influx wrote:
.Ive been at it for far longer, had more people flake on me than I care to acknowledge anymore, more experience with TALK than I can comprehend, and nothings come of it.

I hear ya on that one, sooo much bullshite!

I've had people tell me they could get me a job sitting on my ars in New York producing hip hop music for $200,000.00 a year...blah blah blah...they have conections...blah blah blah.

But as far as making music goes, I have no choice in the matter...it's just what I do.

We're artist.

Message 33/55             10-Dec-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

there's always gon be people who want to pretend they're someone connected and can do you favors if you squirm and sweat and drool enough and get them some cocaine....which for some odd reason they can't seem to get as connected as they are.
you do music because you love doing it and can't keep yourself from those constant moments of discovery and joy that come as a result of your manipulations of the very tools which you love and adore and fondle and caress every day as if they were your baby's ass.

disappointment as a result of anything due to any outside motivations for making music beyond the sheer act of making noise simply signifies that one's intentions weren't what they probably should've been to begin with.
it's like are you gonna fuck your girl cause it's gon make you rich and famous?
no> you fondle and fuck her all morning because it makes you happy...it makes her happy...and the noise is a joyous one.

priorities...pureness of intent and/or the lack of it...it never fails to reveal itself.
check out the new nin.
you wonder why so much music today just so absolutely sucks.
it's just become a professional circus.....with more clowns than daredevils.....
and not even funny ones at that.

Message 34/55             10-Dec-05  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

and what's scary is that trent is actually one of "the more talented ones".

Message 35/55             10-Dec-05  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mr.me

mcc> wrote:

and whats scary is that trent is actually one of the more talented ones.

Yeah, I don't like the new NIN...it started going down hill after the downward spiral.

But I respect him as an artist, just like I respect Jonny Cash as an artist and a man...even tho' it's not really my cup O tea.

Message 36/55             10-Dec-05  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

Link?:  Link

good philosophy mr.me - the upgrades'll kick in next week clay

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 37/55             10-Dec-05  @  10:13 PM     Edit: 10-Dec-05  |  10:16 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Influx

edit. forget it. I dont feel like being attacked yet again by the omniscient "man called clay." Every chance you get you take a dig at someone. certainly dont need that bullshit

Message 38/55             10-Dec-05  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

i wasn't jabbing at anyone personally though your comment served as a catalyst for my remarks.
we've all had motivations for doing music which went beyond purely doing music.
i know i have at times harbored such illusions myself.
that doesn't make one bad>
i do certainly enjoying seeing people with good musical intentions and the skills to make good noise make a little money and...hey hey...whooopeee.....have a good time etc.
that's why i buy music...so maybe some of my artists that i admire might actually know a little financial reward for their efforts....besides i like to have some to hear occasionally.
there ain't a kid in the world who hasn't dreamed of being one of the beatles or back street boys or
led zeppelin or limp bizkit or nirvana or nwa or....or...ummm...the chieftains.....whatever!

the problem today is that this last generation is so steeped in television and therefor the mindset of the fucks who program our culture.....
that they've developed this notion that anyone with acid pro or ableton live can mash loop construction kits and be recognized as a viable creative entity...hero etc.
....and quite immediately.
it's insane how often i'll see someone who' basically munched together their very first set of pre-fab loops and wants people to put energy into listening and commenting on their paste-job.

but basically it's like this...one can always recognize when someone is a true servant to sound...because the music is always coming out of them and sometimes way more than you can even begin to know. the insatiable need and desire to constantly push and pull and extract what sense can be had out of mangling various bits of beats sound and noises in between.....
when THAT is all-important......everything else on tv radio or your high-school lunch-line is irrelevent.

like trent says..there's no fucking you.....there's just fucking me.
of course he forgot to mention the music.
which was always his problem...he could never see beyond himself.....which is why there's rarely any true joy in the man's music.
respect nevertheless....for he did what he did....and he did it on mtv.

Message 39/55             10-Dec-05  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

i think the time i most truly questioned my own motivations for doing music was during the 4+ years i managed/produced eoa...a local 4-man rap unit....and put up with so much bs...in-fighting back-stabbing and game-playing and i always told myself this is what goes on when playing the game. little voice telling me...it's just what you gotta go through G....and this after having been in numerous bands myself.
finally i had enough.....
especially after one gig down in mexico when they ended the night with a track i did which they liked but was definitely not of their style.
the whole place went off and everyone came out of the small arena swept down to the floor to dance to my shit which was funny....but
this kinda actually made my boys mad....and oh well...they said they would never play the song again.
it was gettin time to claim my own for what it was....back to my cavern of joy.

thusly i was on the trail again...in search of the sound i'll have never ever heard....til the day i die.

Message 40/55             11-Dec-05  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

mcc>

there are times.....however...which sometimes seems like all the time...when i am intercepted by those sorts of sounds which are familiar to me...which are dear to me..and near to me...and those sounds can bring pleasant and familiar joy and they do often occupy my interest to no end.
sometimes those sounds don't even come from an instrument.
nevertheless the search goes on.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)