aaa The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 30-Apr-10  @  03:04 AM   -   The numbskull electronic tinkerer show ! x0xb0x

nutoniom

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Welcome...

(no really, i always wanted to say that in a low slightly distorted voice...sigh...)

to The numbskull electronic tinkerer show

Here, I will attempt before your very eyes to put together a monophonic, computer controlled synthesizer: a clone of the Roland TB-303.

Now that everyone and his brother has gone through this build, I feel confident enough that every one and his brother has run in every conceivable problem there is, so I plunge !

Actually it's more complicated than that. i wanted to build one for a long time, but waiting list for kits were almost a decade long (ok, slight overemphasis here, but still...)

Fortunately, ada fruit industries , the people responsible for the birth of thid magnificent clone, have found a deserving heir in the body of

Willzyx who is now supplying express kit through his shop, and soon complete kits. Hurray!!! (note that as i write this , he is out of kits, but he should have some in the coming weeks.)

Now, the x0xb0x being an open source project , anyone can build one for themselve following the provided instructions on the ada fruit site: everything is given out, code, pcb design files, cnc files, everything. But unless your proficient with all this stuff, your best bet is to go with a kit so you don't have to source every component for yourself, which can be daunting, believe me.

so, here I will be documenting my build of a x0xb0x, both for your enjoyment and mine, of course.

see you on the bench : )

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/66             19-May-10  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

And Maarty, practise your soldering a bit, making kit is easy once you have the soldering part mastered. What is your iron ? I use to have this kind:

It is a complete and self-contained piece of shit that will turn any build into a slow and painful descent into the pits of electronic diy hell.

get something like this instead:

I paid 55$ on ebay, never regreted it, also ditch the moist sponge and go with the brass shavings pot scrubber type of thing instead, much better.

Then crank the iron, you want it so out that you only need to touch and go. Otherwise, keep your tip clean and tinned and your all set.

As per the wiring...

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

It's a bitch innit ?

Message 32/66             19-May-10  @  08:31 PM     Edit: 19-May-10  |  08:34 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Maarten

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Second clip sounds cool dude.

Maybe some day I'll give it a shot, aside from clumsiness I have a whole lot of lazy to overcome as well!  

You'll love modular no doubt (beware of addiction though), I really underestimated the power of an open system. Here she is:

Message 33/66             20-May-10  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

loverly, and all those empty spaces : ) Have you recorded something with it that we can hear ?

addiction to modular is to be expected, yup.

Message 34/66             20-May-10  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

k

Maarten wrote:
[image file]

Second clip sounds cool dude.

Maybe some day Ill give it a shot, aside from clumsiness I have a whole lot of lazy to overcome as well!  

Youll love modular no doubt (beware of addiction though), I really underestimated the power of an open system. Here she is:

I had to add suitable emoticoms for this...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 35/66             20-May-10  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

k

nutoniom wrote:

and this...

i want i want

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 36/66             20-May-10  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

k

heh i added a little style css to make images have a maxwidth

Message 37/66             20-May-10  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Oh you definately want one like that, altho' if you can shed the dough, go for a real Hakko, this one is a clone. It heats up real fast tho' and I don't go through tips like I used to with the pencil type.

Message 38/66             21-May-10  @  05:05 AM     Edit: 21-May-10  |  02:36 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

You dirty you, you !

ahahhahaha!!!!

Post Game Edit: That comment was directed at Chris Pronger of the Philadelphia Flyers

Message 39/66             21-May-10  @  05:29 AM     Edit: 21-May-10  |  02:37 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Ha 've I fainted yet   Ha hahahahah!!!

luv,
jf

Post Game Edit: Epic Win here in Montreal

Message 40/66             21-May-10  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Maarten

nutoniom wrote:

loverly, and all those empty spaces : ) Have you recorded something with it that we can hear ?

addiction to modular is to be expected, yup.

Just recently got a myspace page up week or two ago, still need to mirror the content to my admin page over here. (yeah, yeah; 'fiend you!')

All tracks have some of this beast in it but most prominent appearance probably is in 'Crystal Math'.

m o d w a e v

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)