aaa bask in this my minions! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bask in this my minions!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jan-04  @  04:17 PM   -   bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  File

80_detuned_saws.mp3
To my amazement, many of you haven't heard what a REAL supersaw is!

So I took some time out of my schedule and did a little JP-8080 demo for fun.

It's PURE JP- no extras. I didn't even use the onboard chorus- no extra effects- I did use the onboard delay. No reverb etc etc

I used the onboard treble control to bump it up a bit..

So here it is EIGHTY detuned saws..singing for you. Yep, 8-0- .... enjoy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/65             03-Feb-04  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Fierce

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Pongoid, can your work be found on records out there?
omg, that live set sounds like a liquid crossover between Der Dritte Raum, and some
Lekebusch stuff, and a couple of other awesome acts i cant find the name of this moment.
AWESOME is the word! Playfullness... i really can see how you twist the knobs during
this set, you running midi aren' you? (dreaming   Some kind of vibe over this that make
me doubt it's playback.

Message 42/65             03-Feb-04  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

k

hey Broken Silence - is that your riff tho? - VERY nice if it is (sound sorta familiar tho to me)

Ape - nice stuff... I assume you dont add to the site cos of the lo-fi?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 43/65             03-Feb-04  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

no, that line is from out of the blue - system F

i'd be rich if it was  

Message 44/65             03-Feb-04  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

http://k.ktus.free.fr/kktus_fr.htm

http://iotrecords.shamashcorps.com

and for some OLD stuff on CD

http://www.dancemusicshop.com/index.html

However, I'll be giving them some new stuff soon, too.

Yes, there is more material in the pipeline.

It's ALL MIDI, and all live, at a gay club called The Stud. I couldn't believe the fags went for it, but they ate it up. Gays and straights alike dug the set. The joint was bumpin. Good system too. That helped a LOT.

I'm very glad folks like it, but I still have a long way to go before I'll be anywhere near satisfied with my work, or the current state of affairs in performers, audiences, venues, management, and the world in general.

K, you hit the nail on the head. As an mp3 it's bad enough, but even more lo-fi....I work hard to make it not that way already. ;)

I hadn't intended this thread to end up as some sort of self-promotion, and I'm only giving folks this information because they asked for it. I originally only put up the links to illustrate some of the merits of music other than trance, what I think of as interesting synth sounds and some possible uses for them.

BTW, please feel free to sample, remix, recycle, mutilate, whatever, however in doing so, you A give me permission to do the same to your material, and B you must list Pongoid@hotmail.com in the credits for the origin of the sampled material. Likewise if using any of yours I will leave your contact in the credits as well.

Ape

Message 45/65             03-Feb-04  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Ape, you should make a funk remix of out of the blue

Message 46/65             06-Feb-04  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

a funk remix of what?

Message 47/65             06-Feb-04  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

BJT

Link?:  No link

KissandMakeUp

Message 48/65             06-Feb-04  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

Why don't you give me a BJ, T.

Message 49/65             06-Feb-04  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

bastiaan

I liked that snippet, as cliche as it was....it made me lust for a jp....again... ;)

Well, at least I finally made the switch to a Mac (well, my boss did that for me) so my
gearlust should be in check for at least a week or two...

Message 50/65             10-Feb-04  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

BeetleBug

Its a bit mad that i came across this thread coz Broken Slience it seems you're a bit like how i was about 4 years ago, i wouldnt listen to anthing except propper euphoric trance and that was all i used to make until i started to get into hip-hop which eventually lead to me having a big break away from trance alltogether.
When i was listing to hip-hop (which i still do) it made me think hang on a minute there is more than one style of music after all!!! and i started to lisen to all types of electronic music - breaks, dnb, techno, downbeat, chilled and house to name a few. When i finally got arround to listening to house it clicked, trance is basically (i hate to say it) the cheesy/pop/commercial side of house. Do your research and see were modern day trance came from!! it was taken from psycadelic trance which was big in the mid 90's, but psycadelic trance was more well.... psycadelic!! and that was concived though house music. If you have a propper unbiased listen to any good funky/deep house track or any good piece of music you will learn to like the funk and realize thats were the cutting edge of dance music is at, not on commercial radio staions and on compilations you can buy in your local supermarket. You cant buy house cd's in your local shop, you would have to go to a record shop and listen to 12" of black sliky stuff, for anything decent that is.

Oh and by the way i used to think that tracks like Toca's Miracle and Air Wave were classics, how daft is that! Belive it or not not one of my mates is so uninformed about music he thinks craig david started house....wtf!! So all im sayin is not to be oblivious to the routes of trance and other forms of music like i was!!!

One last moan!!! my opinion is that because trance dosent have any funk it lacks the soul it needs to be good music, listen to Mr Scruff now he's got soul, Trouser Jazz is a work of art. listen to old motown and diso - ooooozzzes soul, timeless, thats where it began. Ever heard of the hascenda??

I know maybe im being a bit harh, but because you seem as much into trance as i was, i thought i'd give you something to think about, listen to the funk were it all began!!! no funk no soul!!!!

Just my opinion tho nothing more nothing less, i dont know you from adam, vice versa, so no harm intended.

BeetleBug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)