aaa The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 30-Apr-10  @  03:04 AM   -   The numbskull electronic tinkerer show ! x0xb0x

nutoniom

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Welcome...

(no really, i always wanted to say that in a low slightly distorted voice...sigh...)

to The numbskull electronic tinkerer show

Here, I will attempt before your very eyes to put together a monophonic, computer controlled synthesizer: a clone of the Roland TB-303.

Now that everyone and his brother has gone through this build, I feel confident enough that every one and his brother has run in every conceivable problem there is, so I plunge !

Actually it's more complicated than that. i wanted to build one for a long time, but waiting list for kits were almost a decade long (ok, slight overemphasis here, but still...)

Fortunately, ada fruit industries , the people responsible for the birth of thid magnificent clone, have found a deserving heir in the body of

Willzyx who is now supplying express kit through his shop, and soon complete kits. Hurray!!! (note that as i write this , he is out of kits, but he should have some in the coming weeks.)

Now, the x0xb0x being an open source project , anyone can build one for themselve following the provided instructions on the ada fruit site: everything is given out, code, pcb design files, cnc files, everything. But unless your proficient with all this stuff, your best bet is to go with a kit so you don't have to source every component for yourself, which can be daunting, believe me.

so, here I will be documenting my build of a x0xb0x, both for your enjoyment and mine, of course.

see you on the bench : )

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/66             21-May-10  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Actually, it's fairly prominent in each track  

Message 42/66             22-May-10  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Listening to Crystal Math now, love the grain of this beast, lovely. Do you still sequence using the MPC ? Great beats anyway, quality !

Message 43/66             22-May-10  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Lovely logo also, fits the name well : )

Message 44/66             22-May-10  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Kicking and screaming : ''I iz hearing massif track ! ''

Message 45/66             22-May-10  @  02:40 PM     Edit: 22-May-10  |  02:46 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Mod Basher:

Dude, I think you kick even bigger ass than before, that some amazing terror-core beats right there.

Put it up here !

Message 46/66             22-May-10  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

Maarten

Thanks JF, glad you liked it! Yeah, still sequencing on the MPC to control everything. Trying to incorporate Ableton Live into the set-up but so far mainly using that for multitrack recording my audio to polish up the mix a bit after- such a huge difference... mixing on the desk alone just isn't flexible enough.

Tracks uploaded to DT now... whoops, wrong forum section.

Message 47/66             23-May-10  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

Where's Influx when you need him !

Quality tracks for sure Maarten, you've really upped your game to an another level alltogether. How much are you actually giving us, encoding wise ? Will there be a possibility to acquire the whole lot as Flac somehow ?

A self enclosed package (with cd linings and everything) is not very practical I reckon, but I'd really like to have the whole wave to myself mod.

I'm listening again right now, and this really kicks, luverly  

ACID FREAK TR-CORE MAYHEM

Message 48/66             23-May-10  @  03:58 AM     Edit: 23-May-10  |  02:37 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

edited for absolute lack of actual intelligible content: epic loss here in Montreal, the Forum Ghosts (I mean the Montreal Forum, as in Ice Hockey legends...) are all on vacation in the Caribbeans playing golf.

Message 49/66             23-May-10  @  04:38 AM     Edit: 23-May-10  |  02:38 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

nutoniom

edited for absolute lack of actual intelligible content: epic loss here in Montreal, the Forum Ghosts (I mean the Montreal Forum, as in Ice Hockey legends...) are all on vacation in the Caribbeans playing golf...

Message 50/66             23-May-10  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: The numbskull electronic tinkerer show !!!

k

nutoniom wrote:

I think he did an awesome job with it, love the white.

that is very pretty, nice!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)