aaa Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 115

Original Message                 Date: 05-Aug-02  @  08:14 AM   -   Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

This is to you lame asses who are voting for yourselves regularly

dont ask my why it gets me, but it DOES. I just had another track drop off the chart here because I LET IT. I dont have some fucking crew out there voting for me..and you chumps that do..it is SO fucking obvious

whats your deal? you know who you are..all of you with what...3-4 songs in a row? are you THAT pitiful? does your life suck that badly? is your dick that small? do you need that much bolstering of your ego?

WHY NOT JUST LET IT REST AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? Dont you think that if your shit is truly good itll get the attention it deserves? No, it wont stay up there. Im sure of that...because that shit fluctuates. That was the original intention at least, but there are quite a few of you who for whatever stupid sad pitiful reasons insist on voting for yourselves. TO WHAT END? huh?

I know someones gonna say Im jealous, so I say FUCK YOU preemptively. and get a fucking life.

and some of yoU REALLY need to work on your production skills cuz the shit youre trying to pass off as "finished" sounds like crap.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 461/1149             26-Apr-03  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

man called clay

Link?:  No link

from what i've been able to observe...and i guess it just don't matter that much except to maria ....there just is very little active participation which goes on here when it comes to the chart. it's true that the chart should have little bearing on who we are as creative individuals but the fact of the matter is that we sometimes create things so other people might enjoy them too.
the chart is merely a way to have our work up where it can be seen.
few or none us are signed...per se and our work isn't getting exposure on the radio.
though i've had a couple things played on college radio and even commercial radio for one week (before elvis) lunchtime too..yeah.
it's silly to say we don't want people to hear our work.
what i think is essential about dt chart behavior is that there is plenty of room left for others.
i actually wish it was a top 50 or 100 with a 3 or 4 song max for any one artist.

one day i will have a chart and site according to my way of looking at things. just kidding...am i crazy? that's just too much work and i can barely type on a computer...much less code!!!
til then....i just think it's okay we respect that there are others who'd like..and DESERVE a notch on the chart too.
this is exactly the reason i've so far yanked sweatin....bicycle...under german skies...my little rose...i mean hey.... 39 angels....and you're so cool~ after a certain period of time.

i think it's great to have people hear your stuff.
and i also like hearing the work of others.
in some ways...i even like that more than arguing all the time about who's got no respect and who's wacked and too young or old or a boring loser from birth or whether we should celebrate president's day etc.
but it's a toss-up.
that stuff's kinda fun too sometimes.

but yes.....definitely vote.

Message 462/1149             26-Apr-03  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

PB

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who "experimented" with the charts just to see how far you can get. Or maybe I am and i'm just talking into thin air.

Message 463/1149             26-Apr-03  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

man called clay

paully....you know where to go when you need....a no no no...man.
but yes...it's definitely a good idea to work some of those ideas out and maybe toss em on a friend or two before you heap em on this batch of drunken gonzo/schizo maniacs....if you get my drift.

it'll at least save you in stamps~

Message 464/1149             26-Apr-03  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

man called clay

Message 465/1149             26-Apr-03  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

PB

yes but even friends are yes men these days. My friends all aren't really into electronic music. There are a few but they listen to trance - not my genre (whatever that may be). So when i ask them, hows this track. They go, "Yeah yeah, thats cool."

Message 466/1149             26-Apr-03  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

influx

right on, man..

about the sharing thing? HELL YES we want others to hear our stuff!

but Paully..Im very encouraged to hear that youre now relying more on yourself for criticism. Dont forego outside influence entirely, but the more you listen to yourself..to a certain extent..the more accurate you can be when presenting a "finished work"

as for your productivity? dude. ENVY. Im not even going to try to hide it.

I give you shit out of that envy I guess 

and no, Ive never tried to see how far I could go with the self-voting thing. I like to see how my efforts stand on their own.

Message 467/1149             26-Apr-03  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

man called clay

one thing i really love and it still surprises me when it happens...and yet it happens quite a lot...is right when i open the dt chart and see these up and down and sideways arrows all distorted like really huge like some cartoon character's eyes buggin out for like less than a second.
have you guys experienced this? i wish k could make it happen more often....like at regular intervals just because. that would make this a happy place....por chure man.

Message 468/1149             26-Apr-03  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

influx

thats what happens after 500mcg innit

Message 469/1149             26-Apr-03  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

man called clay

i ain't sayin but whenever you're about sdway i can open it up a few times and you're bound to see it. it's kinda like one of my stupid pet tricks. not everyone sees it or is quite as amazed though.

Message 470/1149             26-Apr-03  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: Im gonna say it again. TRACK VOTES

PB

thanks but your production is really where you are and how long you've been at it. Overtime your quantity over quality becomes quality over quantity. So don't be envious, you are just further down the road than i am. I'm actually paying more attention to detail recently (i'm slowing down). Well actually all that applies to me not sure about the rest of you. So basically, i'd much rather have more ideas on one track than to get another one for another song.

About the popping out thing, i haven't noticed... Its just there when i go into it.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 115

There are 1149 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot