aaa trigger (tr-626) inverter? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             08-Jun-00  @  10:19 AM   -   trigger (tr-626) inverter?

swanofnever

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi,
i'm trying to get my tr-626 to trigger the arp. on my polysix... the only problem is that the tr outputs +5v trig. pulses and the polysix needs -5v pulses... does anyone know if i can buy/build a simple inverter of some sort that'll allow me to "flip" the signal coming from the tr? sprry for posting here, but noone seems to pay much attention to any of the other forums.
thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             08-Jun-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

casparproject

I've tried to figure that out myself for on my TR-606. Nobody seems to know. Try going to an electrical supply store in your area, they might be able to help.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 3/10             09-Jun-00  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

k

just wire it negative to positive like a dc power supply can be inverted - surely ? - works with ON-OFF switches ok

Message 4/10             09-Jun-00  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

swanofnever

thanks k, i've posted on every board i know and you're the only one who came up with anything...
the only prob. is that i know NOTHING about electronics, all i know is that the 626 outputs 0v with +5v pulses, and i need a signal which is +5v with pulses down to 0v... i read somewhere that the polysix's trigger in is the same as moog's s-trig. would just switching the wires work? the prob. is that the signal's carried on an unbalanced 1/4'' lead -- i thought those had only two wires:a ground and a signal (i.e no seperate pos./neg. wires)... could i use a balanced TRS somehow?
anyway, if you can give me specifics, that would be great, cause frankly i know dick.
thanks

Message 5/10             09-Jun-00  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

swanofnever

thanks k, i've posted on every board i know and you're the only one who came up with anything...
the only prob. is that i know NOTHING about electronics, all i know is that the 626 outputs 0v with +5v pulses, and i need a signal which is +5v with pulses down to 0v... i read somewhere that the polysix's trigger in is the same as moog's s-trig. would just switching the wires work? the prob. is that the signal's carried on an unbalanced 1/4'' lead -- i thought those had only two wires:a ground and a signal (i.e no seperate pos./neg. wires)... could i use a balanced TRS somehow?
anyway, if you can give me specifics, that would be great, cause frankly i know dick.
thanks

Message 6/10             09-Jun-00  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

swanofnever

sorry, i'll let this one sink if noone gets back to me...

Message 7/10             23-Sep-09  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

nutoniom

Link?: Link

This is what you need Swan:

polarity inverter

but I guess i come a little late with the answer, sorry about that

On another note, I see this thread is the only reference whatsoever about the 626 on DT. I'm about to
get one for this very trigger output, altho' I won't need an inverter as I'll hook-up to Roland's stuff.

But as far as the sounds go, how are they, anyone used one ?

cheers

Message 8/10             24-Sep-09  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

k

File?:  File

Roland_TR626.zip

well thats the sounds - pretty typical for the time, not really an electronic box tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10             24-Sep-09  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

nutoniom

mmm, yes, I hear what you mean. I think it can still be useable tho' straight up with some effects. But
it's apparently a circuit bending monster: decomposer/ target=_NEW>TR-626 Rhytm (de)COMPOSER

But I mainly want it to drive arps and sequencers in time to midi, so for 100$ i'll consider the stock
sounds as second thought bonus

thanks

Message 10/10             25-Sep-09  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: trigger (tr-626) inverter?

nutoniom

Hey, it's actually fun to programm, I like it, and sure the sounds are pretty straight but there not
horrendous, i kind of like them  

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)