aaa Why would I buy? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why would I buy?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             22-Dec-97  @  10:02 AM   -   Why would I buy?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I was wondering this.. I don't have enuff money to buy an analog modelling synth, but I've been wondering.. Why would I buy a new analog modelling synth when for the same price I could score an old Juno, an Emax, and an 808?.. I understand that patch storage and full midi control are bonuses, but is that all you get? I mean, all these synths are advertised as "Replicating almost exactly the coveted sound of (XOX, Jupiter, etc..)" When you could get the real deal for less? Maybe I'm missing something.. Also decided to make a topic in this section so it doesn't die..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             22-Dec-97  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Why would I buy?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

And I know the EMAX doesn't count as analog, but I need a sampler too.. (Hey, it's got analog filters, does that count?)

Message 3/3             23-Dec-97  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Why would I buy?

kilo

Link?:  No link

good point !!...... most of the bigger modelling synths are more than genuine real vintage ones...... i guess it's the midi controllability that's the bonus....

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)