aaa MAXI STUDIO 64 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: MAXI STUDIO 64

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Mar-98  @  10:04 AM   -   MAXI STUDIO 64

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've
read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats
crisp and clean are the snares realistic
does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos
really great what about horns and strings.
I know that this card is not expensive but
it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price
compared to others . but I also know that
no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so
tell me is this the card that allows good digital
SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS
ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT?
WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             19-Mar-98  @  10:07 AM   -   MAXI STUDIO 64

JONATHAN ROSS D'SUCCEZZ MUSIC CO.

I am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've
read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats
crisp and clean are the snares realistic
does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos
really great what about horns and strings.
I know that this card is not expensive but
it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price
compared to others . but I also know that
no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so
tell me is this the card that allows good digital
SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS
ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT?
WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES?

Message 3/8             19-Mar-98  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

The feeling for sound is very individual. Some peoples like that sound, coming out of a device and others donīt like it. So, what is good, realistic, crisp, punch ????

You can compare the sound of the Maxisound-Card with a Roland Soundcanvas (SC55). Its much better than AWE32 Wavetable, better than AWE64, same as Terratec EWS64 but I think the Turtle-Beach-Pinnacle Kurzweil-Chip sounds better. But thats my opinion. Maxisound is no music-wizard-all-in-one-miracle-soundcard. Its a good reliable soundcard with SPDIF connector (PRO-Version), with additional sample RAM, good price and good software included. But not more !

Sound libraries are available at Guillemots US-page.
But there are much more libraries for AWE32/64 (for
Vienna). A conversion from *.SBK/ *.SB2 should be available in some month. I use AWAVE to convert *.SBK / *.SB2 back to *.WAV and load them into Maxisound sample RAM.

Ciao

Clemens

Message 4/8             21-Mar-98  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

Date: 19-Mar-98
I am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats crisp and clean are the snares realistic does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos really great what about horns and strings. I know that this card is not expensive but it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price compared to others . but I also know that no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so tell me is this the card that allows good digital SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT? WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES

Message 5/8             21-Mar-98  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats crisp and clean are the snares realistic does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos really great what about horns and strings. I know that this card is not expensive but it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price compared to others . but I also know that no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so tell me is this the card that allows good digital SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT? WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES?

Message 6/8             21-Mar-98  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64
Messages posted to thread:

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
JONATHAN ROSS D'SUCCEZZ MUSIC CO. 19-Mar-98
Clemens.Kurtz@t-online.de 19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats crisp and clean are the snares realistic does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos really great what about horns and strings. I know that this card is not expensive but it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price compared to others . but I also know that no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so tell me is this the card that allows good digital SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT? WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES?

Message 7/8             21-Mar-98  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

I am also thinking of the maxi sound 64. I've read the hype on this card . are the sounds that impressive do they sound real .what about the drums do they have punch , are the hi hats crisp and clean are the snares realistic does it have a good 808 kit are the pianos really great what about horns and strings. I know that this card is not expensive but it is claiming an awful lot for such a small price compared to others . but I also know that no one wants to waste their hard earned dollars on so so gear we want bang for the bucks. so tell me is this the card that allows good digital SPIDF CONNECTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! GIVE US ALL THE FACTS ABOUT YOUR REAL EXPIERENCE WITH THIS CARD. HOW IS TECH SUPPORT? WHAT ABOUT SOUND LIBRARIES?

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

SOUNDCARDS CHAT ROOM

SUBJECT:
MAXI STUDIO 64

Message From Date

19-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98
21-Mar-98

Message 8/8             21-Mar-98  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: MAXI STUDIO 64

Mel

I'm in the UK....and am very interested in this card. I've seen the MaxiSound home Studio Pro for Ģ205. However...the US list price is $199. Why so expensive?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot