aaa darkstate - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: darkstate

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             19-Mar-01  @  06:18 PM   -   darkstate

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i really like that carrier track, just had it running on a loop for 1/2 hour.... nice.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             22-Mar-01  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: darkstate

darkstate

Cheers man!!!  

I'll pass the props straight on to our bwoy Jam! Basically the track is finished bar a tweak here and there on the mix and "mastering"..  

If you got some d/l bandwidth and would like the full-fat version U can grab it from our site or just shout and I'll throw ya the MP3 sumhow..

Marc_Dark

Message 3/9             22-Mar-01  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: darkstate

darkstate

Thanks for the feedback K (just checked the other thread) - now there are a few more bods in our collective, there'll be some nice variety in our repertoire.. ;)

Just upped a few of our older tracks to mix up the flavour a bit...  

Marc_Dark

Message 4/9             24-Mar-01  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: darkstate

sitar

Link?:  Link

Listened to the carrier track too. Nice. Love the intro. Listened to Lounge as well. Nice and dark. Like the groove. Male vocal reminds me of someone. Damn the names just at the tip of my tongue. Oh shit I know...maybe it's the bit rate on the mp3 but it reminds me of how Zappa sounded sometimes. Sphwew. Glad that won't be haunting me all night. Is that Lianne doing the female vocal there? Certainly the Zappa-esque voice isn't her.

Message 5/9             26-Mar-01  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: darkstate

Maarten Visser

I somehow get errors when trying to d/l or play your tunes.... something about wrongs formats(?)

Message 6/9             26-Mar-01  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: darkstate

darkstate

Weird... They submitted fine, and other ppl have streamed 'em from DT.. have a word with K, see if he can shed any light on the matter..

Failing that Maarten, if you've got okay d/l bandwidth those tunes are up at a decent(ish) mp3 bitrate on our website (its not on a great server at the mo' though..)

Hope you get the chance to have a listen...

Marc_Dark

Message 7/9             26-Mar-01  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: darkstate

Maarten Visser

Tried again, got the following :
"MMSYSTEM296 The filecannot be played on the specified MCI device. The file may be corrupted , or not in the correct format."
Don't recieve the problem when d/l tracks from other users... BTW, LOVE the Belly Dance Girl tune, Sitar.
Marc, I'll try your webpage.

-M-

Message 8/9             28-Mar-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: darkstate

darkstate

New "GroovaMoova" track for ya'll.. "Curves'N'Colours" - kinda uplifting prog house tip, this is a quick'n'dirty non-vocal test mix to get a feel for how it'll sound...

n.b. A LOT of the detail in the hihats, mix balancing and phasing/filtering fx seems to be missing in this lo-fi stream but it should give ya'll an idea of where we're goin'..  )

Comments welcome please.....  

Marc_Dark

Message 9/9             28-Mar-01  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: darkstate

darkstate

Also just posted "RAZORS EDGE"... feeling a bit prolific at the moment..

Both new tracks need final mixdown/engineering/mastering and I appreciate some elements aren't quite there yet but...

Feedback anyone?!  )

Marc_Dark

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot