aaa What the Hay, here i am - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: What the Hay, here i am

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             31-Mar-01  @  03:45 AM   -   What the Hay, here i am, stop, look, listen

castol

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey all, i've been hanging around a few years here. The new dancetech gots me interested in posting some stuffs. I uploaded some snippets of music i've done or am doing. I guess feedback'd be nice, but these aren't really finished tracks, but more or less ideas i can pull outta the hard drive and fiddle with (many such ideas). Ideas on expanding upon them would be welcomed i guess. Anyone have a lead on a freeware vst eq? sounds cheap i know, but i really could use one and money isn't something i can spend on music stuffs for awhile. My mixer has hi and lo eq's, my software seq has decent eq's but no bounce to disk (which i can sort of get around now). I have pluggo, which doesn't have anything really utilitarian, and the plug's included with peak don't include an eq. Anyway, thanks Kilo. Great site!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             31-Mar-01  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

k

Link?: Link

i listened - you're weird .. and i bet your mum dresses you funny too :-)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             31-Mar-01  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

castol

i'll take that tounge and cheek. no my mum doesn't dress me funny :/

Message 4/10             31-Mar-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

k

Link?: Link

ha ha - lol!!... it's a joke saying down here, but girls seem to love it - "i'm wierd and me mum dresses me funny" - hah ha - it's a guaranteed conversation starter down the pub.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             01-Apr-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

castol

I'll have to try that out K, heh. Next time someone calls me weird. I'd rather they used different, rather than throwing it at me like it's wrong to be a little strange. It's kinda like calling something "gay", not politically correct to use as leisurely as people do, least in the us, i got in the habbit of labeling everything weird, that burger king is weird, i had a weird dream last night, that milk has gone all weird, i feel weird, bleh. I cleaned up my profile a bit, got rid of that bad picture of me. It was originaly of me posing next to Eeyore at Disney World....heh. I tried to compress it to your recomendation but it made me look all wide and stuff (not good!). I also uploaded another track of snippets.

Message 6/10             01-Apr-01  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

funky_ol_shit

Link?:  Link

Hey,
I like, strange feel.
Maybe some voices, or strange coversation might be
good.

Message 7/10             01-Apr-01  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

castol

hey, thanks. i appreciate the feedback. voices would be good...yes. i haven't really delved to much into using them. i have this really freaky sample of a kid saying "now i'ma do a real thing" followed by me accidentally banging the mic stand to nice effect. i got it from sticking a mic out my window on a nice sunday afternoon and picking up all kinds of ambient sounds. i sorta incorporated it into a track, as a one time bridge sorta thing. though contstant speaking and editing of voices allways adds a nice element to the tracks i've heard using them. i think in the future i'll try getting some lyricists to rhyme over some tracks i write, that'd be cool. for awhile i thought of writting some incidental music and adding mac voices speaking some of the prose and other blathering literary work i do sometimes. i thought it was kinda a cheesy idea, but it'd still be kinda fun. i have this thing about sounding cliche...oh to many times have i heard mac voices being abused in this manner. I had a listen to that scorpion girl track, the other one i couldn't play. It's not really my cup of tea. Your lyrics give it a kind of uneasy feeling. I like the bass line, the boom boom clap is kind of tiring, i'd cut in an out that underwater burbling sound with a few other sounds to add a little variety. maybe vary that delay on your voice a bit so that at certain points in the track it echoes in time with the beat then back to what it was doing. would make an easy transition to a change of some sort

Message 8/10             02-Apr-01  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

funky_ol_shit

thanx for tha thoughts.

Message 9/10             04-Apr-01  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

funky_ol_shit

hey,
i'm just curious, do like meatbeat manifesto.

Message 10/10             04-Apr-01  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: What the Hay, here i am

castol

yah i do. come to think of it i was gonna mention them in reference to what you sorta reminded me off. a lot of the early mute stuff i'm liking as well. i've been meaning to get some more cabaret voltaire. though as for modern stuffs, i don't really go in that direction at all (sorta cyber electro phunk, i dunno what you'd call it). like a lot of people i'm enamoured with days past and hearing them through a different ear so to speak.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot