aaa need feed back :) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: need feed back :)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-Apr-01  @  03:11 PM   -   need feed back :)

BK MANNY

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hi every one, IM new here at dancetech and Im also new in the creation of house/club music.I just finished a mix called
THE SHPINX and can be found here www.ampcast.com/BKMANNY
and I would really like some feedback with this because Im new at this type of music but i think I did pretty good if you ask me   tell me what you think .Its only 3 1/2 min
and I just want to know if I have that commercial feel
thank you

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Apr-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: need feed back :)

funky_ol_shit

Link?:  Link

you should post your songs here, but i'll still check out your tune and get back with ya.

Message 3/6             07-Apr-01  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: need feed back :)

BK MANNY

thanks   I know I can but dont I have a certian amount of space here ?

Message 4/6             07-Apr-01  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: need feed back :)

Pongoid

I listened to your track, and the enigineering seemed pretty clean and proper, with decent dynamics and changes. the sounds were classic to the point of being just about dated. Also the musical lines didn't work together harmonically. It sounds like you took some really good samples, and threw them into something like acid, having the rythmic knowledge of a DJ, or maybe using templates, recorded the whole thing as a .wav, file, then ran it throught a couple of good processes in Soundforge, and threw it up here. It's a good start, but it kinda lacked flavor. Does it have the commercial sound? Not quite. It still needs just a little something more to give it character. Maybe a little more flair in the drum programming, and more chordal knowledge so that the notes actually work with each other a little better, complementing each other harmonically instead of just rythmically.

Ape

Message 5/6             07-Apr-01  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: need feed back :)

funky_ol_shit

Link?:  Link

nice job! at 1:19 i heared a void, you might wanna smooth that out. from 3:00 on it sounds like the timing might be a lil off, but over all nice work.  

Message 6/6             07-Apr-01  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: need feed back :)

BK MANNY

well pongoid hehe I dont use acid . All I use is REASON,every thing you hear is created by me.As far as the samples....they are all from AKAI cd roms. see since REASON is CPU intensive Im limited to what I can do, so I take my pentII 266 with 128 megs of ram and my audiophile 24/96 system to the brink of choking and I have to stop and leave the track
as it is.thanks for the input,im still learning and this is my first track of this genre.
I listen to alot of trance techno and house so I kinda have all the samples to do that kind of stuff but like I said my computer is my only drawback when it comes to giving my track that "flavor and character" and yes I dont know how to play a piano   but I do have a good sence of sound and tone   that probly helps me at best. but thank you and I will try to do better on my next project.....If only I had some real hardware   thanks

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot