aaa ++ CD short-listing ++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ CD short-listing ++

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             06-Oct-01  @  02:37 AM     Edit: 06-Nov-01  |  12:19 AM   -   ++ CD short-listing ++

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

okdoke... we started shortlisting tonight, and so far we have. We're going over the CD over the next week again cos there's alot on it... initialy we choose tracks fast, but compiling might be different cos we need a flow too so this, and we also have alot more than one CD so we dunno yet wether to do 2 cd's, one breaks & slower beats, & one 4 o'clock style banging tracks... not sure... so this isnt the final list by any means + we have some other choices from stuff not on the site or internet....

anyways, everyone on the list so far ok if they have to give it up?....

jasper - LADYKILLER ETC

OLDSKOOL303 - MUSIC IS MY

PAT - BREED 'EM (horn, da-da)

LunarSeaWeapon - MonkeysClaw

WOXY - ON THE SLIDE

Bendy Toy- Dirty Disco

dARKSTATe - Carrier (GroovaMoova Text Mix)

XPLODING PLASTIC - choice of 3 tracks

casper project - sicker

All-That-and-Then-Some - Pay It Back

CHOP SHOP (VEGAS??) - THAT'S THE WAY

PHRENZY - BELIGERENCE??

SYNTAQ9 (breakerbox??) - SWING PART 9

URBAN HERO - LIKE IT RAW

poindexter boateng - knocked up funk rush/POUNDER/BUMPKIN

chinaski - 'dlx funk'

retroactivefunk - 'Jazzattack'

TRANCE

chris organic
taufactor

Gitai Adir ??
brian castro ??
sunrise(remix), move on(remix) - musical science
deano - xperience the love

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             06-Oct-01  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

kilo. when is your contest over? I got me a
palette of tunes ready to be uploaded.

Message 3/17             06-Oct-01  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

k

this isn't the contest mate it's for the CD release... we are just shortlisting right now so we wrote down track which jumped out and smacked you in the face sorta thing.... also there's other tracks we like. I think there is some Mike Clarke stuff shortlisted and also xoxos... also my mate was into one of Roller's tracks... There is also a track added by one guy which is 4 tracks belnded into a single take, we quite liked some of that but we dont have the full track etc... obviously with the 'regulars' we have so much to listen to cos many of you guys sent your cd's so we have alot, like I have 4 mindspawn CD's now !!...

also we have to decide what type of cd to do... wether to do a double or single, wether to do 'banging' CD or slower stuff or to do a mixed CD, all on the same disk?... or to do 2 cd's, one banging and one slower/ambient/breaks etc...... we're not sure yet. -

So anyways, this isn't for the track contest... that is still running...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/17             06-Oct-01  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

steve

I think one 'dancefloor' and another 'home listening' would be a good idea. That way you could feasibly fit in all the quality music here without either decent stuff getting left out or the CD sounding disjointed and unfocussed. I couldn`t imagine colossus ever sitting too well on a cd with one of Jaspers efforts.

just an opinion.

Message 5/17             06-Oct-01  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

xoxos

but i don't have anything good. prolly going to be a while. for the itme being i'm limiting myself to sort of chatty inane comments.

Message 6/17             06-Oct-01  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

Jasper

Link?:  No link

Fine by me thanks!

made my day  

Message 7/17             14-Oct-01  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

eight way buddha

Link?:  Link

hey! i'd like to send you a cd with a few tracks sometime. perhapse you can email me an addy? that would be sooooo cool!

Message 8/17             14-Oct-01  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

oldskool

Cool, which mix though K? I'm guessing the edit?
I need the adress to send the CD, also do you want the "mastered version" (read: tweaked and maximised in wavelab) or the raw recording?

Many thanks and nuf spec ;) Hey that'd make a cool band name lol NUF-SPEC

Message 9/17             14-Oct-01  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

influx

bummer. got bumped from the last one. oh well.

Message 10/17             17-Oct-01  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

roller8

All sounds really exciting. Dancetech finally going to show force with compilation CDs.

Thanks for the mention too. Good luck with the whole project! I know I'm buying already....

Message 11/17             17-Oct-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

influx

glad Ive been around long enough to get some props

Message 12/17             22-Nov-09  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

adirgitai

Link?:  No link

:-)))))))))

Message 13/17             24-Nov-09  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

k

ah i get it now - gee! - long time mate ;)

btw, i replaced your missing 'trip.jpg' user image so you can edit it now if u like mate

Message 14/17             24-Nov-09  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

nutoniom

Eh, Funny I played this CD last week

Message 15/17             24-Nov-09  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

k

you did? blimey how did u get it?

Message 16/17             25-Nov-09  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

nutoniom

If I recall it was caspar roject who sent it to me, or maybe it's not the same cd ?

Message 17/17             25-Nov-09  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: ++ CD short-listing ++

nutoniom

Ah ok, not the same CD, it was one before that, he're the roll call :

Adam
Caspar project
Chop Shop
Damballah
DarkState
DefectorZ
Horizens
Influx
Justin Lofling
Kilo
Lycopodeia
Machine11(99Devils)
Mike Clarke
Neptune215
One day
Phrenzy
Point being
Pongoid
Rajas
Rhea
Roller8
Syntaq9
The Pimp

or maybe it was Influx or xoxos who sent it, I can't remember src='images/heee.gif'>

the accompanying blurb:

-- DanceTech 2000 --

*THE* DanceTech Users' MP3 CDRom ARCHIVE - Compiled June/July 2000

ALL of the tracks, contained on this CDRom appear with the express permission of
the author(s), with the author(s) retaining full copyright.

****************************************************************************************
THIS CDROM IS *NOT* FOR RESALE OR RE-DISTRIBUTION IN ANY TERRITORIES WORLD-
WIDE, EVER!!!
****************************************************************************************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION
Hello and welcome to DanceTech 2000 - THE MP3 CDRom ARCHIVE!
I'm JMS, your humble host on this great sonic extraveganza!!

If you're reading this file, you already know all about DanceTech and the wild, crazy, enthusiastic
often zealous and undeniably talented denizens that populate this wonderful online resource.

This is a CD of their music!!

THE DISK
I've been told by a lot by people how previous projects like this have failed. Well, this is gonna be
different
folks. No egos, no profit, just good will and a little effort! That's it.. simple! After being
privilaged to sit through all the tunes, I know that when you do too - the music will speak for itself!!!

I put this project together for the following reasons:

1. There's a shedload of good music by DTers up there on the web - but whilst MP3s are a good
portable
music medium, there are still a load of people keen to enjoy that music, who simply
can't access it all or don't have the bandwidth to even try. With 300+ Megs of MP3s, totalling
around *FIVE AND A HALF HOURS OF MUSIC* on an el-cheapo CDRom, we can address that
problem right away!!

2. Hell, this project doesn't just do that, its also drawn the DT community that little bit closer
together and brought in new blood to the fold..

3. Because it needed to be done! This is a "snapshot" (if you will) of DT at a certain point in time!
Kilo has sweated to bring the BEST dance/electronic music production site to the web, YOU LOT
have sweated
to support it, through your posts, your reviews and now, here, your music!!!!

******************************************************************************************
Before you click "close" however, may I please ask that you respect the good-will
and extreme generousity from all concerned that has brought this disc to be...

- PLEASE DO NOT RE-SELL OR RE-DISTRIBUTE this, DO NOT put this up on the net for
downloading
and DO NOT just give it out to anyone... I KNOW that the majority of the tracks on this disk can
be obtained from the author(s) respective MP3.COM or personal Websites. I also know that many
of
the producers here wish for greater exposure of their music, THIS IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF
THIS DISK (They will,
I'm sure, continue with their own promotional endevours as they see fit). EVERYONE has worked
very hard
on the music you're about to hear, those efforts deserve your respect....
******************************************************************************************

NOTHING LEFT TO BE SAID!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

JMS
- Jemesh Severn, London, July 2000

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)