aaa This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             22-Apr-02  @  03:37 PM   -   This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

He never see's any action.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             25-Apr-02  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

Drop

Don't worry Drums, I still love you. Do you fancy a drink sometime?

Message 3/8             25-Apr-02  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

Drop

I know a cosy little live room in town. I'll mic you up and everything.

Message 4/8             25-Apr-02  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

Maarten

Link?: Link

Bang!Bang!TikTik- Tsssh TikTsssh TikTsssh TikTakTsssh

TicTac

Message 5/8             25-Apr-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

xoxos

you're a sweet guy, drop, e for effort, but i'm still angry at you for the patches thingy or whatever. grr.

not like i've searched myself, but if anyone knows any reputable skin companies, i'm looking for a 10" in shark for my doumbek, so now's the thread to say it on.

don't let rappers use hand drums either. you'd think i'd have figured it out a long time ago wouldn't you.

Message 6/8             02-May-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

sitar

Link?:  Link

There is a place called "Music Inn" on West 4th street in NYC Xoxos. They have or can get anything that's "world music" They have dumbeks and can probably get skins. The only thing is they are expensive for just about everything and have a rep for being arrogant. If you get their number, ask for Jeff and tell him Mark Lutnes told you about them. He will probably remember me although I haven't been in there in years. Jeff and Jerry (the owner) were always nice to me, but I heard stories that they weren't always nice to people. They have all kinds walking in off the street down there, so they have to be a bit gruff I guess. Jeff is a very good musician. Played Sarod for many years. Good luck.
What the hell are you doing with a dumbek???

Message 7/8             02-May-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

xoxos

little bitta fingerpat here and there.

met the guy who made it (scott semple) when i was playing a homemade slot drum on the streets downtown. i was into throwing clay at the time so we were pals. i used to make these tiny ocarina pendants, looked like pregnant guppies. wish i still had one of those.

what? you think i am just being some robert smith type guy here?

ta. have to get my shit together and fix it now.

Message 8/8             02-May-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: This Drum Forum Must Be Lonely

milan

speaking of drums, anyone here played a kajon?

its a box-like thingy with a hole on one side, and you play it by sitting on it and slaping/hitting the other side. it has some strings and bell like thingies on the inside, so you can make it sound like a kick drum or like a snare, depending on how you play it. i believe its a turkish instrument, although it could be arabic or perhaps even indian (?).

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot