aaa Effects+Drum Station - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Effects+Drum Station

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-May-02  @  03:35 AM   -   Effects+Drum Station

Analogous

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to use effects to warp my drumstation. I want to get the effects that are used in rebirth basically. What are the best/cheapest racks I can get for this? I want to get an mpx-100 and a filterfactory. How do I get a good distortion or the pcf sound.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             05-May-02  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

k

Link?:  Link

that depends what setup you are suing your DS in - on my setup I can bring DS OUTS into my pc and add these fx in realtime & add automated mix moves for things like the filters etc in realtime... for that you need VST, Logic or Sonar & a multi IN pc i/o device.

if you use a mixer & outboard then i dunno - I assume you want to add distortion/overdrive to SOME of the sounds/outs?.. not the whole stereo mix?.. (cos that'd mean having a stereo distortion overdrive unit) - however, if you have an analog board you can simply drive the channel gains up to get overdrive for one way of doing it... it'll give a quite organic overdrive sound not over-the-top distortion tho.. try a dist' pedal or two for that, but that of course'd only work on one or two outs not a stereo mix. The Electrix would do the job yes for filtering.

however, have you considered how much these two extra units will cost? - about the same as a sampler I'd say... which you could import your DS loops or hits to... it's another option... or just compose & then record your final DS parts to your H/D system and filter it all in s/w in the final mixdown?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             05-May-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

djhippo303

Link?: Link

The best thing you could ever do for your drumsation is get it a decent multi/band stereo compressor.

Message 4/9             18-May-02  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

Purusha

Don't forget the Drumstation has 6 other freely assignable outputs on top of the main stereo pair.

That means it'd be quite easy to stick a distortion pedal on one of them...

BTW - main reason I got rid of my Drumstaton is the limited user slots for kits. 8 user kits if I remember properly. If Novation had increased that on the re-launched unit - I'd probably have bought another.

Purusha

Message 5/9             25-May-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

proximus

only 8 kits? I think my drumstation v1 has a lot more. Maybe 15 or summat..

Message 6/9             27-May-02  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

Purusha

You might be correct. Still ain't enough though - especially if you're in the habit of creating a new set-up for each track you work with.

One of the reasons I just went out and bought a Waldorf Attack - which BTW is *very* nice!

;o)

Purusha

Message 7/9             27-May-02  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

influx

the rack or the VSTi?

Message 8/9             28-May-02  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

k

Link?:  No link

what you need for the drumstation as with any drumbox is a channel for each drum out, a couple of comp's a couple of delays and a verb. I dunno that the storage is an issue as most people'd use it set the same for the whole set probably, the variations arent that big to make so much difference surely?

Message 9/9             25-Jun-02  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Effects+Drum Station

Purusha

Here's a late reply...

The Rack!

;o)

Chris

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot