aaa any london drum workshops? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: any london drum workshops?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             12-Jun-02  @  12:31 PM   -   any london drum workshops?

Dan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to follow the advice here on dancetech - learn to play drums and make my tracks groove better.

Does anyone know any drum or percussion workshops in london, preferably north or central although any suggestions are welcome.

thanks
dan.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             12-Jun-02  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: any london drum workshops?

k

Link?:  Link

my mate might still be doing it, the last workshops i heard about he did was a tour of Uk prisons... he will certainly know of any good ones tho, i'll ask him...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             12-Jun-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: any london drum workshops?

Dan Atkinson

Link?:  No link

thanks k, any info much appreciated.

Message 4/5             12-Jun-02  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: any london drum workshops?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

prison tours? my mate was doing a jazz duo around prisons couple of years ago. maddest one they did was school for deaf children, when they started playing all the kids came up and started hugging the amplifiers and spreading themselves on the wooden floor. getting the vibe!

dan, try your local education authority, libraries and stuff like that, and any jazz clubs and "societies" usually know about educational things going on.

Message 5/5             01-Jul-02  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: any london drum workshops?

k

Link?:  Link

Ok, here's a few... Medusa studios, off barrington road jnct of coldharbour lane... 2 minutes from brixton tube. - about £7 per lesson for 1.5 hours - 2 hours.. dunno if they do doley concessions, probably they do... just turn up - or call Medusa studios. (dont have number sorry)

The Place dance studio at Euston. They do weekend african drumming classes, check them out too.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)