aaa tele - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: tele

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             24-Aug-02  @  12:40 PM   -   tele

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

is it even worth fucking with the squire? i gave my hondo away and now i have nothing to pluck.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             24-Aug-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: tele

k

Link?:  No link

squires are great!... I use a modified squire strat, very good!

Message 3/12             25-Aug-02  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: tele

xoxos

Link?: Link

what was i thinking? wake up with a head full of twangy, buzzing wires. seeling more fensible now. won. now. won. now. but thanks for the response.

Message 4/12             28-Aug-02  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: tele

k

I'm producing a rock/indie thing at the moment in my spare time and it's great fun to be getting into guitars again! - been playing alot over the last few weeks as a consequence & it's coming on really good!... all we need now is a great drummer for making it happen live.

Message 5/12             28-Aug-02  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: tele

knowa

Link?:  Link

drop better pickups and tuners in a squier and it could be great. I put 3 used duncans and some sperzel locking tuners on a Fernandes and it's slick. those stock pickups tend to be real real noisy.

Message 6/12             28-Aug-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: tele

k

my squire is modified.

Message 7/12             12-Sep-02  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: tele

chroma

yeah that squire tele does look alright for the price. hehe me gonna play a led zep tribute nite...

Message 8/12             14-Sep-02  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: tele

k

I would love to own a paisley Tele... nice guitar for song based rock, it seems to give really well defined notes in chords even when it's humming loud. I'd also like an ibanez for doing experimental sound & harmonic and bending fx and riffs and stuff.

Message 9/12             14-Sep-02  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: tele

k

btw the squire ones are ok if it's a Jap one, just fit better hardware keys if you want greater tuning stability add a locking nut. I've got retro machine heads on my strat and it sucks at staying in tune.

Message 10/12             14-Sep-02  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: tele

Stvy

Hi,

Yeah another great tip for tuning stability in cheaper strats is the use of one of those gadgety things instead of a standard spring in the back. it pulls in both directions... I have one in my us standard and it works great.... apparently them come standard in the US expensive strats...

Also my number one tuning stability tip is simple: the telecaster and stratocaster were designed in the days before light gauge strings were commonplace as they are now. People put 8's 9's and 10's in those things and complain about the tuning stability (and for thay matter the weedy sounding pickups!) THESE GUITARS WERE/ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR SUCH THIN STRINGS!

If you goto a set of 11's you'll hear a massive difference with the bridge pickup and a bit with the neck....

I use 13-58's with a nice high action and have absolutely no tuning stability probs at all... Standard US strat, 4 springs and the springy gizmo in the bridge, and standard tuning pegs (no need for sperzel locking), and a standard nut (no need for those ball bearing jobs either).

However one great tip is the type of retainers on the headstock you know the little clips to angle down the higher strings, you want the little roller bars not the big screw top type. the big screw head/top type give to much friction and introduce a bit more tuning stability...

Anyways hope some of those tips help, they all work for me, only thing is you need a forearm like popeye with 13-58 or only play short sets!!

Cheers

Stvy

Message 11/12             14-Sep-02  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: tele

chroma

i hate locking nuts myself...im using sperzel locking tuners, works great...these should come standard on all guitars

Message 12/12             14-Sep-02  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: tele

k

yeah but my squire's had a balls-out metal/rock humbucker fitted at the bridge and i run 10's on it, great for rock & dirty, not so good for cleaner sounds.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)