aaa Reason Live? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Reason Live?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             27-Aug-02  @  09:56 PM   -   Reason Live?

SPANK!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anybody here used Reason in a live situation? Used it by itself or with other gear?

I'm thinking of just taking my Powerbook somewhere and building tracks from scratch in front of a crowd. I can manage to get a good groove going in a couple of minutes, and I think it would be fun to do it in a little club.

Any good/bad experiences?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             27-Aug-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Reason Live?

brett

not me, Reason has a way of crackling when you navigate the screen during a heavy mix. Does it on every computer I have used it on, even my freinds athalon 1600.

ableton live is a loop construction software for doing what you are talking about. so you could export all your loops from reason and assemel them and resequece them in ableton.

Message 3/9             28-Aug-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Reason Live?

SPANK!

I've noticed a bit of crackling, but only when I have a zillion modules going at once, but I couldn't see myself having more than drums, a couple of synths and a few spot samples playing at once.

I've got ableton Live and I've played with it a lot. It's great at what it does and is really solid, but I was thinking more along the lines of making tracks from absolute scratch in a live environment, rather than assembling pre-recorded loops and such.

Message 4/9             28-Aug-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Reason Live?

knowa

Link?:  Link

I think many people use Reason rewired into Live live for that very purpose. I can't get Live demo to work on my machine, but reason is the only s/w I would trust live. when NOT rewired, I don't think it's ever crashed. for me. it's a damn shame the efx aren't better. I take back what I once wrote about them being acceptable, such foolery was just a demonstration of the utter unnaceptability of the monitors I was using. but enough about me.

Message 5/9             01-Sep-02  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Reason Live?

brett

you can route the aux sends from the mixers to additional outs on a multi channel card and now you have external fx for reason.i did it on my dsp factory. you have to have the patchbay software open since reason doesn't integrate full support like cubase. wish it did though.

Message 6/9             11-Sep-02  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Reason Live?

santiagoatwork

i have tried what you are talking about. i had 2 hp omnibooks 6100 + 1 Gh Pentium, and I didn't have any troubles concerning crackling if not loading more than 8 virtual appliances per notebook (track sounding). its even possible to play to tracks on one pc at the same time if you do not use more than 4 instruments per track, that means you create 1 new song from a few instruments of 2 songs, in one startet reason console....... any questions write me

santiagoatwork@balcab.ch

Message 7/9             26-Sep-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Reason Live?

SPANK!

santiagoatwork managed to confuse me. A lot.

Message 8/9             28-Jan-05  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Reason Live?

ilikecorona

I will be doing a live show Feb 5 in NY with my laptop, reason 2.5, oxygen 8....alongside my boy with his g4 book and keys....I am in Florida and he's in NY...so we have both been writing and will have 2 days to sync up... should be good.... I recorded a load of vocal samples to drop in the NNXT specifically for this place our gig's at.... but about your question.... I recommend 2 computers if you can handle it yourself..if not, make like me and tag team it.
out- cHop sHop

Message 9/9             04-Aug-05  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: Reason Live?

mcc>

so how did that gig go?

if i use reason in a live setting it will be primarily for the synths.
all the basic tracks will be layed out in ableton live......w/ 3.0 rewired, i'll have the synths/samplers lined up in the order in which they'll be played via a keyboard controller.
i think cpu load depends on the amount of devices being USED at one time......
so i doubt this will be an issue for the 1.5 g4.

all i know is that there's no way we'll have our set down in 2 days.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot