aaa just how good is the prophecy? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: just how good is the prophecy?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             05-Mar-03  @  03:58 PM   -   just how good is the prophecy?

soulsurvivor

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

thinking of buying a prophecy and as usual umming and arring and being completely in-decisive. Was on a site yesterday where they had uploaded some of the keyboard demo's and was completely un-impressed, especially by the trumpet and flute sounds which I had read where awesome. Now I no these are presets but sounds such as a flute should be much better programmed by a korg boffin in a white coat than myself. Wierd analogue type noise I would expect I could probably make.

Anyone got any experience with these machines? Are the wind instruments realistic?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             05-Mar-03  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

Conscience

They're awesome. Especially considering it's mono. Demo's are rarely good - consider, though, that some people LOVE a cheesy flute sound. So some The Prodigy wannabe will hear a distorted flute from the proph and scream "yahoo"!!! while a kurz-o-phile would scream bloody-murder.

Just something to consider...

Message 3/8             10-Mar-03  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

micromusic

Link?: Link

pain in the ass to edit. i guess there is some software out now to help in that area. some killer sounds though, just a pain to dig deep & twist em up. i traded mine in. i'm not really into 'realistic' sounds so i can't comment on that.

Message 4/8             11-Mar-03  @  09:05 AM     Edit: 11-Mar-03  |  09:06 AM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

dARKSTATe

Go buy a Z1! They are, to be blunt FUCKING AWESOME! And if Xoxos were here he'd agree with me...  

Can prolly pick up a decent 2nd hand one for around £600.. well worth it in my book! The last real "synth" Korg had the balls to make before they got scared.. (Don't get me wrong, I love my Trinity but the Z1 is a serious piece of synthesis ass!)  

Message 5/8             13-Mar-03  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

soulsurvivor

yeah Ive heard many great things about a Z1 but couldnt really stretch to that at the moment. Ended up getting a prophecy for £250 at the weekend and Im not one bit disapointed. The sounds are ing awesome. The brass sounds are so realistic, love being able to hear the breath through the reed and with the expression/vibrato on the wheels and all.....
Havent really looked into the programming aspects of it yet but it does seem a tad complex.

Message 6/8             13-Mar-03  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

dARKSTATe

Fair play mate... Just consider that the Z1 has 12note poly by comparison (xpandable to 18 with the extra DSP board of which I hear Korg Uk actually have a few left) more, and more complex physical models and more realtime controls...

Shame ya couldn't have sprung the extra £350-400 as I believe its DEFINITELY worth the extra..  

Message 7/8             13-Mar-03  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

Def Z

I'm finding myself more and more attracted to mono synths, though. Something about it - so easy........

Message 8/8             17-Mar-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: just how good is the prophecy?

djjessex

prodigy seems to like it. Considering they used it to write practically all of the sounds for the fat of the land. its an analog modeler, dont get it if you want trumpets and french horns

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot