aaa 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             17-Mar-03  @  09:41 PM   -   4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Stefan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             17-Mar-03  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

psylichon

ok.. more info please... that's not one keypress, you fool  

Message 3/24             17-Mar-03  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

psylichon

and it's not a milli-Q, damnit!

Message 4/24             18-Mar-03  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

blacktrax

It's the ringmodulation of a triangle wave and a wavetable osc sent through the internal phaser and delay. Modwheel adds frequency modulation, aftertouch adds a suboscillator, pitch up changes the wavetable position and pitch down adds a little noise.
I am always new impressed by the modulation possibilities of this little (µQ :-P) unit.

No, it's not one keypress, but a few only. Heavy wheel action indeed ;-)

Message 5/24             18-Mar-03  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

milan

wow stefan... thts very nice! man, you should do an album of that stuff, i'd buy it...

Message 6/24             18-Mar-03  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Ragnar0k

This is great stuff! Make more! Add noisy drums! :-)

Message 7/24             19-Mar-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Broken Silence

wow this is cool stuff. very bladerunnerish which is just such a good fooookin thing. hmm looks like im getting a uQ tonite =)

actually this song kinda pushed me in the right direction, i was lookin at one and until i heard this i was like, im getting one now!

this can actually be a track in its own dude, more like this please!

Message 8/24             19-Mar-03  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Maarten

Wheely kewl yes...

Message 9/24             19-Mar-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

dARKSTATe

Broken, uQs are great.. depending on your budget, where you are and if they're selling them.. you may wanna look at a uQ OMEGA... here in the UK its about £100 more but you get the 75voice poly instead of *just* the 25...

Message 10/24             19-Mar-03  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

sounds like grainstate in reaktor.

cool stuff, man.

Message 11/24             19-Mar-03  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Stefan

Link?:  No link

Hey folks, that's not quite fair.
Normally I need several days for arranging, recording, deleting, mixing a short new track and receive only very few polite comments containing the hidden message: Carry on, someday even you might learn it.

Now I record just a sound, what took around 10 minutes to record and encode, and get positive feedback.
Frustrating...
;-)

Message 12/24             19-Mar-03  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

milan

well then, dont waste any mopre time arranging/producing, we want this kind of stuff!   who knows, you might even release it somewhere, although i know thats far from your list of priorities, but... *

Message 13/24             19-Mar-03  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

psylichon

alright, move it to the tracks forum.

Message 14/24             22-Mar-03  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Pongoid

you will find that a lot of times the best stuff you do is not the stuff that takes forever, but just comes naturally. Nice stuff. I wouldn't say it goes everywhre, but a nice little trip nonetheless. Carry on.

Ape

Message 15/24             24-Mar-03  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

dub-munkey

seriously dude- a couple of mexican mushies later and that patch blew me away- that is the future of music (although you need the mushies to fully appreciate)

more please, or at least more detail on how you did it- would love to get a similar sound going on my mates mQ.....

nice!

greg

Message 16/24             24-Mar-03  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Stefan

I've made the patch available for download together with a few explanations on
http://www.trippler.net/music/Audio/potw/si/si.html

Sorry, I am a little too lazy again to write a clickable url ;-)

Message 17/24             25-Mar-03  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

dub-munkey

excellent am gonna grab that and program my mpc to hit a couple of keys every couple of minutes- to get my own acid-symphony.....

this has got me thinking of a whole spin-off genre of mushroom music- make more and market it!

greg

Message 18/24             25-Mar-03  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Pongoid

Dub, calm down. There has been music that evolves like that since people started making modulars. It's called Ambient, or Soundscape, or Experimental, or even Dark Ambient. Check out some of Mindspawn's stuff. If your fungused ouit, you'll REALLY go places with his stuff. That's not to demean Stefan's work, but seriously, we're not talking about changing the world here. It was good, and I liked it too, but there's still a lOT more out there, and to say

"that is the future of music (although you need the mushies to fully appreciate)"

is kind of a telling statement. Good luck in your own pusuits as well, and obviously don't let it stop there, as there is MUCH more uncharted territory to be explored, especially with decent tools.

Ape

Message 19/24             25-Mar-03  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Stefan

Pongoid, you are allowed to demean my work because it is no work. This patch was originally recorded for the microQ soundexamples on my page, not as a track or so ;-)

Message 20/24             26-Mar-03  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

dub-munkey

sorry ape, am well aware of the stuff you mentioned- it just so happened that i listened to that patch and was mullered so thought it was great- ill try not to voice my enthusiasm in the future....know how annoying that can be for the 'people who know'....  

Dubs

Message 21/24             27-Mar-03  @  01:56 AM     Edit: 27-Mar-03  |  01:59 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

psylichon

aaaaaaw..... [hugs dub-monkey and rubs his head]

can i have some shrooms?  

(and since DT fucked up, you get to read it again.....)

Message 22/24             27-Mar-03  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

psylichon

aaaaaaw..... [hugs dub-monkey and rubs his head]

can i have some shrooms?  

edit: sorry, munkey... we sure do have a lot of simian entities running around DT these days!

Message 23/24             27-Mar-03  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

dub-munkey

soz psy but my surplus is being sent to Ape....ive noticed he seems to take things far too seriously...  

but if you live anywhere near pompey in UK come down and we'll make acid-symphonies and look at Dali.....

greg

Message 24/24             29-Mar-03  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: 4 minutes with 1 mQ patch ;-)

Pongoid

Dubs, pass them to others, I have a hard enough time with mirrors these days as it is. Probably one time too many, twisty-headed in the closet with a mirror and a candle. Ever tried it? Not recommended for anybody but the most experienced of conjurers.

Ape

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)