aaa dx200 tha bomb! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: dx200 tha bomb!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             09-Apr-03  @  06:19 PM   -   dx200 tha bomb!

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just bought a dx200 brand new for 149 Euro! And boy is it a great box....damn these bass sounds, these leads, these organs, these weird fx....this digital box even does some 'analogue' sounds a whole lot better then some of my va's and analogue equipment. Boy-oh-boy, what am I a happy man.

ps. I've you're quick you might grab one for this prce at www.feedback.nl ..... or if you're in the netherlands and know of shops that garantee to beat any price: mail me and i'll be happy to porvide you with a copy of the proof of purchase.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             09-Apr-03  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

maarten

Link?:  Link

149?!! damn.. but aren't those already sold-out? I read something about some nice deal there being soldout...hmm, kick-ass box for sure. Friend of mine has one-dirty metallic synths and gritty bass. I even like those drumkits in there.. nice distorted BD embedded aswell. Tempting but I'm picking up a Sequential Circuits Six-Trak this Saturday... ohh well.
Congrats on the new toy.

-M-

Message 3/10             09-Apr-03  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

FM man, cool. Nice one.

Hows it to program ?

Message 4/10             10-Apr-03  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

Bastiaan

Programming is a bitch and you can't get to ALL the parameters from the front panel...you need to use the didcated editor for that...there are some know that let you edit SOME fm parameters though.

Basicaly you get a dx7 with 2 extra envelopes, a multimode filter, distortion/amp sim AND a dedicated fx unit, 2 scenes (a la an1x), 4 free eg's, a step sequencer, unison and a bunch of half decent drum sounds...

Maarten, if you want one you can go to studio de dijk, the claim they will beat ANY price...i can make a scan of my receipt.

Message 5/10             10-Apr-03  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

panama

I just got me one and the thing rocks! its got mad glitches tho. note dropouts, sequencer problems. Great synth. wish it didn't drop notes.

Message 6/10             13-Apr-03  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

Bastiaan

I'm not using it a sequencer...you shouldn't do that too much either! Sounds are *great*...that's what it's all about innit? I which it was bitimbral though...

Message 7/10             13-Apr-03  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

panama

its sound is why I bought it... but try sending midi info while in poly or mono unison. the notes miss beats and drop out. damn shame, it has such an awesome sound.

Message 8/10             16-Apr-03  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

Bastiaan

are you sure? I;ve only heard about note dropping when you're swithing patterns using unison...

Message 9/10             17-Apr-03  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

panama

yeah I'm pretty sure. make four bars of 32nd notes (with 64th length) and loop it from you computer. use a quick attack. find a big unison patch. get deep into the programming.

I found the problem comes and goes. It does happen.

Message 10/10             18-Apr-03  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: dx200 tha bomb!

Bastiaan

Hmmm...i'll try that...are sure it isn't a poly problem? In unison mode the polypfhony drops to 4.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)