aaa NEED HELP FOR MY INDIGO 2 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: NEED HELP FOR MY INDIGO 2

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             26-Apr-03  @  04:30 AM   -   NEED HELP FOR MY INDIGO 2

Rock

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can someone please tell me how to update my indigo. I go to the website and find so many new patches but i have no clue how to get them into my machine. I have an edirol usb-2in/2out midi to my pc, and i have a trial version of cubase.
I have tried everything and i dont know what im doin wrong. The emagic soundiver says it doesnt recognize any new midi connections. Has anyone updated their virus and can maybe shed some light on this. any help would be appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             26-Apr-03  @  11:58 AM     Edit: 26-Apr-03  |  12:02 PM   -   RE: NEED HELP FOR MY INDIGO 2

Steve Roughley

Unless you want to spend forever messing with MIDI settings, forget about Sounddiver! Piece of crap! Make sure that Cubase can send MIDI to your Virus (i.e. play notes etc). Just open the OS zip file extract the first OS MIDI file. Ensure your Virus is on. Right click on the MIDI file and choose 'Open With..'. Point to Cubase and when it loads the MIDI file, your Virus display should say something like 'Awaiting Sysex' then simply press play and wait.

If this doesn't work, then there may be something wrong with your setup. Recheck the settings etc. Though, to be honest, this is how I do it with Logic. I imagine that Cubase will be much the same, as it is all a matter of opening a MIDI file and playing it to the Virus.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 3/3             26-Apr-03  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: NEED HELP FOR MY INDIGO 2

R.A.T.

I'm a techie, I consider myself pretty good with PCs. But I'll be fucked if I could get SoundDiver to work either.

Do as the man says, just drop it into Cubase and play it at around 140bpm (you might get away with a bit faster) to the Indigo MIDI channel.

If you have a clean install of Cubase and you can see the MIDI ports you shouldn't have to do any other configuration other than pushing play.

Good luck.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)