aaa Delay settings change in all multis - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Delay settings change in all multis

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Apr-03  @  09:57 PM   -   Delay settings change in all multis

marianimal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm running OS 2.2, but I had the same problem when I was running 1.1. When I change parameters in the Delay section of FX within a multi, it changes all the multis that have delay in them. This is with global/FX link set to "none". So if I set Delay length to 3/4T, all my delays are at 3/4T, and this is true for every parameter I've checked, though just in Delay as far as I can tell. But it fucks me up! Especially live. Anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-Apr-03  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

milan

Link?: Link

uhh... my guess is that delay settings are independent of the multi settings? you know, like if you were using an external unit? dunno... you say global reverb wont change for example?

Message 3/8             29-Apr-03  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

errata

not completely clear, myself... so, no matter which multi you change it to, the delay timing is the same?

Or, each patch has the same delay time "within" a given multi?

the delay is global per multi... if the second one is the problem!

???

e

Message 4/8             29-Apr-03  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

marianimal

Changing the Delay parameters in one multi changes them in all the multis. I'll have to check whether it changes the Delay settings of individual patches, I don't recall.

So since I usually have a multi for every tune or two, I'd like to save different delay settings in different multis, so I don't have to adjust it manually for every tune. I suppose I could do it manually, but I'm almost certain that you're supposed to be able to save different settings in different multis. Maybe not for delay specifically though?

Message 5/8             29-Apr-03  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

errata

hmmm... Mine doesn't do that. I can have different delay times for different multi's. And you're sure you have the global/efx setting is at "non"? Yeah, you said that!

No idea, sounds buggy... Sorry!

e

Message 6/8             29-Apr-03  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

Stefan

Link?: Link

Global link "None" sets the global FX for the complete unit as you describe.
If you change it to Instr1-4 it will be linked to the multi settings again (or to the settings of the particular sound on Part 1-4 of your multi)

Message 7/8             29-Apr-03  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

errata

ahhhh... Very useful there Stefan! I suppose the rest of us just assumed none meant "No", hehehe. Always had it set where i want it, so it never came up! Cheers... learned something new.

e

Message 8/8             30-Apr-03  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: Delay settings change in all multis

marianimal

Yeah, that's what I get for assuming none means no. Thanks Stefan!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot