aaa K2500RS - Sell & swap shop forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Sell & swap shop

Subject: K2500RS

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             04-May-03  @  07:14 PM   -   K2500RS

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yeah yeah never sell hardware, blah blah.

This decision's been killing me. But I think the time may have come to get rid of my Kurzweil. She's a beautiful rack, a programmer's dream, with a syquest EZ drive, (2) 135mb disks, a CD-ROM drive with Dance Mega Drums 2 and Synclavier String Library. Sampling option and latest OS.

I will not part with it lightly, however. I really want a new sound in my kit, so I want to trade. Ideally, I'd like a Nord Modular, but I'm not holding my breath for that around here. So if you've got another kickass trade idea, pipe up.

psy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             05-May-03  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: K2500RS

errata

Link?:  No link

GASP!!! No, don't sell it my man! I used to have a K2000 and I still miss it, 5 years later!

GO out and get the analog collection... jesus... anything but givin' up the Kurzweil.

You'll be sorry, I know.

e

Message 3/8             05-May-03  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: K2500RS

psylichon

If I may ask, what do you miss about it? Bread -n- butter rompler shit or its crazy programmability? I never seem to make use of either, but I'm hesitant to give it up because of the latter.

And did you just tell me to go buy some analog synth SAMPLES? I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear you...

psy

Message 4/8             05-May-03  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: K2500RS

errata

hehehe... the samples for the kurzweil are solid. There are parameters for random artifacts in the filters and oscillators, they come off very convincing. No not as nice as a Nord Mod, or even a Nova for that matter, but damned fine... and the k2500 has way better effects than my old k2000. And it's definately the infintite programability. I used to program my self into a corner with that thing... No other synth has the power of the Kurzweil when you dig down into it's architecture. Human voice modeling etc... I used to get stuff surprisingly similar to granular synthesis.

I don't know, I'd say if you've got it, keep it. But then again I'm not offering you anything for it, so I suppose my argument carries little weight. I just know I've always missed having mine, not enough to replace it (obviously) but still..

e

Message 5/8             05-May-03  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: K2500RS

psylichon

"seen"

it's a sick box, to be sure. I used to program it a lot more when I could be arsed to get Sounddiver working, and before I got my Nova. Perhaps I should dig out SD again.

But the offer still stands for now (crosses fingers for a stupid Andromeda owner or sometin')

psy

Message 6/8             06-May-03  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: K2500RS

99devils

You can't have my Modular, no matter how much I want a K2500  

-Craig

Message 7/8             18-May-03  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: K2500RS

Pongoid

Nova sounds better than Kurz? Are your ears ok?
Are you ok? You won't be if you nix that thing. Then again....what do I know? Different tastes for different ears. However, the K2500 IS a dope machine in the right hands. You are right about having to be arsed to program it though cuz it IS a lot of work, but it definately pays off, especially if you're gonna do wierd shit. I'd love to hve one, but there's nothing that I own that I'd trade for it. Love every little thing I have way too much for that...whatever you decide, good luck.

Ape

Message 8/8             18-May-03  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: K2500RS

errata

never said it the Nova sounds better, just that it was a more convincing analog modeler...

e

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)