aaa Those mad fx sounds from the SNII - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             07-May-03  @  12:50 PM   -   Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

Si

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've been writing a tune for ages and while I have most of the drums and synth sounds setup, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get those background ear-candy sounds, you know, whooses, bleeps, self-oscilating sounds. The SN II has them in the banks at the back, along with the drums.

I realise that I can sample some sounds but I'd like to be able to create them myself.

Any suggestions?

Si.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-May-03  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

Bastiaan

Gee, you couldn't be a tad bit more specific that this? The best thing is to examine those patches for yourself or alternatively use tham as the basis for you own sounds.

Message 3/8             09-May-03  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

Maarten

Knob-twiddle as if your life depended on it. There's no doubt you will have something to your likings within half-an-hour time. I mean hey, it's fx you want...  

Message 4/8             02-Jun-03  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

djjessex

Link?:  No link

sound effects are pretty easy, use every LFO and Envelope you have. assighn them to things like the pitch and filter. Then synch the LFOS to the tetmpo of the track, and make some fast, like 4th note and some others slower. make shure the LFOs are set to keysynch too, so they keep goin and goin. Soon you will be able to press a key and sound like Vangelis

Message 5/8             03-Jun-03  @  01:34 AM     Edit: 03-Jun-03  |  01:48 AM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

BluStudio

for woooshes try-

soloing the noise osc

in modulation section turn mix level up full (press mix button + then level knob to 127)

Start with something like 12db/low in Filter section and wind the filter freq from 0-127

hold a key and you should have a pretty wooshy woosh spraying about when you roll the freq back and forth- also play with resonance (not too much) and filter settings if you want it more shimmery/crackly

youll defo need to go to the effects and add delay etc for it to sound nice and lush.

You can then fuck about with another osc when you get something ya like, add a low waveform for extra candy etc....

SpinbacK

Message 6/8             03-Jun-03  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

BluStudio

oh btw, im on the original nova - but if that was any use give a shout for other stuff/ideas

SpinbacK

Message 7/8             04-Jun-03  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

Si

Yeah that's kinda the stuff I was looking for. I haven't had much luck getting decent 'ear-candy' stuff (background bleeps, etc) for my tunes, and as a result use ready-made fx samples, which I'd prefer not to do.

Cheers guys, I'll try this out when I get home.

Si.

Message 8/8             04-Jun-03  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Those mad fx sounds from the SNII

psylichon

for ethereal ghost bells, try lots of resonant highpass filtering on a noise osc. In nova speak, keeping the "Q norm amount" high will make sure the whistle of the filter feedback shines through, while the slight noise will give it "breath"

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)