aaa Copy saved patches using SCSI drive - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Copy saved patches using SCSI drive

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             16-Aug-03  @  02:43 PM   -   Copy saved patches using SCSI drive      [Link: Kurzweil - K2000]

babins

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there...my disk drive on my Kurzweil 2000 is having troubles mounting disk. A tech thinks it's a power supply problem...I have over 150 customized patches right now and need to copy this information onto my computer before he takes it apart as there is a chance my patches could be lost. I was wondering if it's possible to copy these patches using a 25 pin SCSI to my computer. The Kurzweil does give you the option to connect to a computer but I have never tried to copy my patches to a computer...I've only done it on the floppy disk on my keyboard. If someone could help me asap - that would be greatly appreciated...thanks...Rob

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             18-Aug-03  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Copy saved patches using SCSI drive

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I doubt you can just plug into a computer and read the files. There's two things that come to mind..

1) If it's a power supply problem, that's a problem with your synth and not with your hard drive. Your patches should come back to life once you get the power supply fixed (unless it's causing spikes which have ddamaged your drive)

2) You could use a program that will pull a bit for bit copy (a drive image) off your Kurzweil's drive. Then, when you get a replacement drive, you can restore the image to your new drive.

I'd find out if it is in fact a problem with the power supply before doing anything..

-Craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot