aaa KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             29-Aug-03  @  05:51 PM   -   KORG_MS2000r/ ARP clock sync?      [Link: Korg - MS2000]

jtye

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I am having difficulty with the external clock syc on my ms200r I am running cubase sx. when ever I switch the CLOCK to EXTERNAL I GET NO SOUND. I'm just trying to SYNC the ARP with cubase. Anyone know whats going on on? I just got this and I'd really like to put it to use.

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             29-Aug-03  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

99devils

Link?: Link

It makes no sound period? Have you tried it on a patch where the arpeggitor is off?

It sounds to me like your Korg is set up right, but you're not sending clock from your sequencer.

Message 3/8             29-Aug-03  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

jtye

Thanks!

Oh, it makes sound and the arp does work independantly and it works fine when the clock is set to internal but when I set it to external and try to send clock data from sx there is no sound from the arp. You may be right it may have something to do with the clock data from cubase. but if it is I'm baffled. I have my indigo externally synced to the cubase clock and it's fine.

Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Message 4/8             30-Aug-03  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

psylichon

Link?:  Link

well i know in sonar, the sequencer doesn't send MIDI clock unless it's running.... ?

Message 5/8             01-Sep-03  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

dARKSTATe

I had this prob with my uQ and it turns out I had some options turned off in SX (doh!). The fact that your Indigo is receiving midi clock, however, means you must have SX set up right..

Weird..

Message 6/8             01-Sep-03  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

d

not sure on SX but with VST 5.XX you have to doubleclick the sync button in the transport window and from the window that pops up you can select to send midi clocks, time code, etc... to specific midi ports

Message 7/8             01-Sep-03  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

R.A.T.

Not so in FX, that parimeter is in the SETUP MIDI section.

You don't need to click the 'sync' button, but it does sound like you may not be sending MIDI to that port. (I guess you're not daisychained).

However I have just checked on my MS2000 and if there is no MIDI clock in and its set to Arp on it still plays, albeit not properly, sort of plays the first note over and over at a high sounding BPM.

If its playing no arp at all it must be something else (although I can't think what).

I've got the latest SW rev on it FYI.

Good luck, have you tried another MIDI port ? Try swapping the MS and Indigo with over.

Message 8/8             04-Sep-03  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: KORG_MS2000/ external clock sync?

GrooveMonkey

Ae you sure you have set up your MS2K to sync to external clock?

Its in thr global/midi section of the menu on the synth. Make sure it sezs external.

G

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)