aaa Control Freak or similar for uQ - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Control Freak or similar for uQ

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             01-Sep-03  @  02:54 AM   -   Control Freak or similar for uQ

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is anyone using a MIDI controller for their
Micro-Q? If so, what?

Thanks as always.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             01-Sep-03  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

milan

marc dark is. i'm considering that new evolution UC33 asap- 8 faders and 24 knobs, and the price is low too.

Message 3/10             01-Sep-03  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

dARKSTATe

There isn't an official Control Freak profile for the uQ on Kenton's Website yet but Milan's right, I have two and use them with all my kit h/w & s/w

The Kenton Freaks are *damned* easy to program though so if you're thinking about getting one, coming up with a set of profiles for the uQ should take no time at all (I just haven't had time to program ones myself yet)

Message 4/10             03-Sep-03  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

Perhaps I'll order a Spin Doctor from Musician' s Friend and take advasntage of their 45 day return. Take it for a spin so to speak. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Thanks

Message 5/10             04-Sep-03  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Using an Evolution mk249-c, the one with 8 knobs, but starting to think about something different. Haven't been able to get the controller knobs to do anything as interesting as the knobs on the uQ itself. But still playing with it for now.

Message 6/10             08-Sep-03  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

mick

How are you assigning controllers?

Message 7/10             09-Sep-03  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

marianimal

In the controller keyboard, I assigned CC#s to its knobs & sliders. I'm probably skipping a step in the uQ somewhere where I'm supposed to assign functions to controllers.

And hey! I just noticed that with 2.20 you get a "Mix In to Main out" Mix Level in the global menu, which is probably just the thing I was looking for in the Mixer/Routing section. I'll check that out today.

Message 8/10             09-Sep-03  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

Stefan

The "Mix into" parameter defines if an audio signal that is fed into the external ins is routed to one of the microQ outs or to the FX section.
I fear it is not what you were looking for, only a way not to route the external ins to the synthesis section.

And it isn't new in OS 2.22 ;-)

Message 9/10             10-Sep-03  @  07:25 AM     Edit: 10-Sep-03  |  07:30 AM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

marianimal

"only a way not to route the external ins to the synthesis section"

That's exactly what I feared, that it's a way NOT to route the external in to the synth section. ;-)

No, Stefan, I wasn't expecting the Mix In parameter to fix my MIDI controller issues. I was being bad--threadjacking. Maybe I'll bring that aux thread back, but prolly not necessary.

Message 10/10             24-Sep-03  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Control Freak or similar for uQ

lsw

im using a U control 16v with my microq it works well  

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)