aaa Korg_POLYSIX - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg_POLYSIX

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Sep-03  @  04:29 PM   -   Korg_POLYSIX      [Link: Korg - Polysix]

agilbert

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, Im thinking of buying a 2nd hand polysix, is it possible to get something to put into it to hook it up to my laptop? if so, how big is the job and how much is it likely to cost ££££???!

thanks

ash

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-Sep-03  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Korg_POLYSIX

k

Link?: Link

eh? - "hook it up" ?? - how so?... to do what?.. you can record audio OUT of the synth IN to your lappy - what else could you do? - nothing I can think of

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             23-Sep-03  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: Korg_POLYSIX

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Maybe he means sequencing control? Don't believe the poly-six has cv-gate inputs at all... if I'm not mistaken there is a sync in for the arpeggiator. you might be able to use a MIDI-sync converter for that..

Message 4/5             23-Sep-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Korg_POLYSIX

Broken Silence

Wouldn't that be a bit of a tough synth to start with?

Message 5/5             23-Sep-03  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Korg_POLYSIX

swanofnever

hey,
it's a pretty non-complicated synth, BUT -- unless you're prepared to make some heavy mods you probably can't sequence it externally.

the only inputs are control voltage for the filter cutoff, and a "gate" input to drive the arpegiator.

having said that, i used to use mine by programming a pattern in the arp, and then driving the arp with a tr-505 (i just used a fast, really lound sound.. sidestick i think). driving the arp externaly it wicked because of the way the pattern length and your trigger pattern interacts.

um.. but for a first synth i'd probably recommend a nova or virus or something like that.

raigan

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)