aaa Virus Inputs-Using Filter - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             27-Sep-03  @  08:35 PM   -   Virus Inputs-Using Filter

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey,

I'm hooking up my JP-8080 to the virus inputs basically permanently. When using the inputs on the virus, does the filter envelope do anything? That would save my ass if it did- Maybe I have a setting off or something-or maybe it doesn't do it at all-

Thoughts?

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             28-Sep-03  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

psylichon

If i get your question right, the envelopes won't retrigger based on audio input... it's gotta see a note-on midi message. When I want to do that with my nova, I daisy chain the nova after whatever it is I want to filter (MIDI daisychain) so I'm playing both the synth-to-be-filtered and the nova at the same time

Message 3/6             28-Sep-03  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

milan

exactly. you just need to duplicate the notes that the 8080 is playing to the virus.

hehe... supersaw with a virus filter?

Message 4/6             28-Sep-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

Broken Silence

Hell yeah milan!

Thanks for the awesome explanation psy, I see whatcha mean now!

Message 5/6             28-Sep-03  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

influx

Link?:  Link

dont forget that you can set the virus to open the filter section completely, without needing to trigger keys

and...doesnt the envelope section work here, too?

its called "static" mode, yeah? not looking at mine right now

Message 6/6             29-Sep-03  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: Virus Inputs-Using Filter

queasy00

Link?:  Link

oh!

shoulda mentioned this in chat.. if you play whatever seq at a certain time seq, then you can always use a synched lfo.

-j

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)