aaa YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             08-Oct-03  @  04:25 PM   -   YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??      [Link: Yamaha - CS1X]

viktor.nord

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi.
I just wondering if I should buy a cs1x Yamaha for 300$ or a cs2x for 400$? Hmmm...anyone? Suggestions?

Please mail me or post it in here. Thanks

/viktor.nord@tiscali.se

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             08-Oct-03  @  09:22 PM     Edit: 08-Oct-03  |  09:24 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

99devils

Link?: Link

At those prices, buy neither.

If you look hard enough you can find a Nord Lead I keyboard expanded for $450 or so.

I have a CS1X and I basically only use it for aa controller, or I often use sounds on it to rough out a piece. Later on I'll program a sound to replace what I've used on the Virus or Nord.

-Craig

Message 3/22             08-Oct-03  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Broken Silence

I deffo agree-

or a jp8000  

Message 4/22             08-Oct-03  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Viktor

Hmm. Never heard of that kind of synth. Is it so much better? What is better I wonder? hmmm...I have a lot of questions...still confused.

Message 5/22             08-Oct-03  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Viktor

Now I looked for old Nord Lead and jp8000 synthzs. I canīt found one. Iīm just seraching around on swedish places for them. Hmmmm...problem. So buying CS1x or CS2x is a bad decision?

Message 6/22             08-Oct-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

milan

Link?:  Link

well, they are not "proper" synths at all, thats your problem. trhey are "romplers" which mean they come with some pre-programmed sounds plus a few ways to tweak them, but *no* possibility to program your own sounds from start. so, if you can live with that, then at least get the CS2X since it is probably slightly better than the CS1X, but as people said you'd be better off with a real synthsesizer...

Message 7/22             08-Oct-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Peter

if you're in sweden search on www.vendolin.se, you'll always find a secondhand nord or virus there

Message 8/22             09-Oct-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

viktor.nord

Hmmm. Thanks guys for the tips. Now I tried to find a Nord Lead 1. The problem is that itīs to expensive for me. The virus synth?? Canīt find that one. Just a lot of equipment called Virus bla bla. So can you write down more specifik what you call this synth  

Message 9/22             09-Oct-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

craig

It's an Access Virus. You'd be looking for the "A" specification, probably. Also look for

Roland JP-8000
Yamaha AN1X
Novation Nova

Message 10/22             09-Oct-03  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Broken Silence

If a Nord Lead 1 fully expanded is more than 500usd, it's overpriced. And trust me, that 100$ difference is worth its weight in gold.

Message 11/22             09-Oct-03  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

viktor.nord

The Access Virus Iīve found was not a synth, more a plugin. Hmm...Roland JP-8000 Yamaha AN1X was too expensive and Nord Lead 1 too.   Canīt afford more than 350$. More suggestions?? :/

Message 12/22             09-Oct-03  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

RagnarOk

Looking at your email, I would also advise you to get a NORD lead haha, ehm, I'm an idiot tonight.

A question. What is the purpose, what do you want to achieve with this new piece of gear? Do you have other syths/drumboxes/samplers as well and you want to get new sound, or this would be your first synth?

What kind of music would you like to produce?

Message 13/22             09-Oct-03  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

viktor.nord

Hehe. I was waiting for someone to mention my name :-)

I have a synth right now. A Casio CTK-611 it will probably say nothing to you. The problem is that the synth sounds so "cheap". Like real "midi" sounds. This is hard to explain. I want a synth that I can download new sounds to on the net, and get some powerfull soundeffects, if I want the Europe - Final Countdown sound I will download it into the synth. I also want a synth that can have a lot of layers. My general purpose is to use my new keyboard when playing in my band. My big problem is that I canīt afford more than 350$. Suggestions?? Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks. /Viktor

Message 14/22             10-Oct-03  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

michael babb

maybe a Redsound DarkstarXP2?

super cheap ($200 usd new) but lots of possibilities.

Message 15/22             10-Oct-03  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Broken Silence

Well for how he's gonna be using it, maybe a rompler is best. I know nothing about the two really- just that the CS1x looks cool  

If you just want alot of the "basic" sounds to make music that isn't synth-centralized, then the CS would probably work out. There aren't any other rompler keyboards in that price...except for maybe that Emu thing- it's new 500, so might be in your range.

Message 16/22             10-Oct-03  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Bastiaan

Well, I would say the cs2x is far better than the cs1x. Apperently prices in Sweden are a bit steep, but if you can fork out the extra cash, go for the cs2x. It has much more sounds, an extra filter and better fx.

If you want a real 'synth' that you van program you may want to check out tha an1x after all, but if it's for a band, I'd say the cs2x would fit the bill just nice. There's tons of extra sounds on the web and you can make your own.

It's not at programmable as the an1x or the nord or the virus or even some of the more expensive romplers (like the cs6x or a jv) but it's instantaneous and has a decent sound.

Message 17/22             10-Oct-03  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

craig

Yeah, I assumed you wanted to program it yourself. If you don't want to program it, you could do wors than the CS2x.

-Craig

Message 18/22             10-Oct-03  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Yonce

My Wife used her CS1x in a heavy metal band and it fit perfectly it has just about every sound you could want on it and is very easy to layer nothing very special or unique but easy to find sounds for and easy to use. Perfect for what you want to do.

Message 19/22             10-Oct-03  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

viktor.nord

Thanks a lot guys.   For the moment Iīm thinking of a JV1080. What do you know about that kind of synth?

Message 20/22             12-Oct-03  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Bastiaan

WWell, the JV IS really nice, but it doesn't have keys.

Message 21/22             31-Oct-03  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Yonce, does your wife really want you spreading such rumours in a public forum?

What about a AN200??? Pretty much a scaled down AN1X isn't it (innit)?

Message 22/22             02-Dec-03  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: YAMAHA _CS1X or CS2X??

Bastiaan

the AN200 is more like a half an1x (less polyphony, no dual mode, not as much effects, but WITH an extra saw and and extra xmod)

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot