aaa modulate step/gate time smoothly? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             14-Oct-03  @  04:26 PM     Edit: 14-Oct-03  |  04:28 PM   -   modulate step/gate time smoothly?

digital rust

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok, can someone come up with a way of doing this? i've
been racking my brain for awhile and can't figure this out.
it could be so easy that i'm overlooking it.

basically i have a 16th note hihat pattern going. i want to
modulate the notes so that they speed up SMOOTHLY to
say 128th notes and then back down again. is there a way
to do this with an lfo maybe? i can do it using a synth tone
with an lfo to amp vol
and then manually tweaking the lfo rate but for a short
sample like a HH it's hard.

any ideas in reason? cubase? logic? whatever.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             14-Oct-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

knowa

Link?:  Link

what about using a hi hat loop in kontakt in the mode that keeps pitch constant--will the pitch bend then affect the speed at which the file plays back?

Message 3/6             14-Oct-03  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

milan

heh, smart!

Message 4/6             14-Oct-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

digital rust

dunno. that's a good thought. i'll try it when i get home tonight.

thanks.

Message 5/6             14-Oct-03  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

psylichon

Interesting brainteaser.

Perhaps you could use an arpeggiator (either hw or software) to trigger the hat sample and then modulate the speed via midi.

Or you could record the hihat part as MIDI, create a tempo map that ramps up to 8x the inital tempo (sequencer resolution and tempo limits might come into play for this particular application), record the audio, then wipe out the tempo map, while preserving the recorded audio duration.

Or maybe, if you can do it with a synth, do so, record the audio of that patch, and use this program to turn that audio into a MIDI trigger.

I really wish I had a tune in which I needed to do this, cause I really wanna try, but will never get around to it. Let us know how it goes and what you did...

psy

Message 6/6             16-Oct-03  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: modulate step/gate time smoothly?

errata

If they are midi triggered hats you can just step write them in incrementaly, it's work, but I do it quite a bit with snares in my breaks!

e

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)