aaa Roland JX-305 Groovesynth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland JX-305 Groovesynth

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             30-Oct-03  @  01:54 PM   -   Roland JX-305 Groovesynth      [Link: Roland - SDE-3000]

ronconm

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,I bought the Roland JX305 Goovesynth brand new in September 1998 for £900. A lot of money, but well worth it for a superb machine!
I've made 2 Dance tracks using the 305 and have taken them into the studio to be recorded onto CD.
Here lies my problem - When I get into the studio, I've got my tune recorded into Song (Song Mode). The Studio Engineer then asks me to feed into each part one by one into his mixing desk.
The problem is that when I play my song, I can't mute all the other parts so that it's only one part being fed into the mixing desk at the each time. The workaround is that I have to count the bars in my head and start and stop the part but this takes a hell of a long time to do, as you can imagine having to do this for each part.
I would hope this machine would allow you to press play on the sequencer in song mode and mute all the parts you don't want to be fed into the mixing desk, but I just can't seem to do this.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I'm due to go into the recording studio again in the new year to record my new dance track and I would like it sorted by then.
Thanks very much. Mike

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             30-Oct-03  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Roland JX-305 Groovesynth

steve

Link?:  No link

a bit of pain, but couldn't you just turn down the volume of all the other parts bar the one you want to record or something?

Message 3/3             30-Oct-03  @  03:07 PM     Edit: 31-Oct-03  |  06:03 AM   -   RE: Roland JX-305 Groovesynth

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

I agree that the JX305 is a nice bit of kit, I have one myself and like for what it is. Unfortunately, what it is not is as full featured as higher end boards so I'm not sure there is an easy way to do this using only the JX305. One solution would be to record each track separately into a sequencing program then cut up the parts in the program.

Another solution would be to exit "song mode", copy each part used in the song into another memory slot, and add an extra bar with a whole note rest at the end of said part. That way you have a buffer for editing between the beginning and the end of each part. Time consuming and tedious but it will get the job done.

I'm wondering why the engineer wants you to separate the song into its component parts to "feed into his mixing desk". Is he doing a remix? If he does that type of thing and its a proper studio then he should already have at his disposal all the most common sequencing packages currently available. If it is a remix sitch then he should have no problem doing this type of work, although I imagine any remixer would prefer to have the component parts already seperated.

Good luck.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)