aaa AN1X Power Supply? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: AN1X Power Supply?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Nov-03  @  07:21 PM   -   AN1X Power Supply?

The Moujik

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

I'm in need of a replacement power supply for my AN1X - unfortunately the model Yamaha say I "must" use in the manual seems to be discontinued....

Does anyone know know which of their current models would work, OR alternatively tell me what rating supply I need so I can just buy a normal domestic one.

Cheers!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Nov-03  @  04:47 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  04:48 PM   -   RE: AN1X Power Supply?

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

All powersupplies of all my yammy equipement (that's a dx200, a cs2x, an an1x, a ux256 and a cbx-k1xg) are interchangeable. They're all the same 'ra-3' or something like that, so I don't think the product is discontinued....

I do believe a generic power supply from your electronics shop will do to. Just mind the ampere and voltage.

Message 3/6             11-Nov-03  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: AN1X Power Supply?

k

ah... but is it an AC or DC supply?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             11-Nov-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: AN1X Power Supply?

The Moujik

Thanks for replying guys.

The power supply listed in my manual is the PA-3B which I can't find anywhere! I bought mine 2nd hand, so I didn't ever have an "official" power supply.

Bastiaan: Would you be able to let me know the model number of your adapter & the power rating? Unfortunately the power rating isn't given in the manual (that I can find anyway!).

Thanks again.

Message 5/6             12-Nov-03  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: AN1X Power Supply?

Bastiaan

Yup, they're *all* PA-3b (not RA3, I should *check* before I write... haha)

The PA-3B is a AC230 V, 50 Hz , 16VA to DC 12V 700 mA convertor.
One of my Yamaha's is connected to a KPA3 11.5V 600 mA convertor to and works just fine.

I really do think yamah still makes those, since some of their current/ recent gear (ux256, dx200, cs2x) still uses them and I see no reason why newer gear would not have the same power supply. Maybe it's because you said 'an1x' which made them knee jerk with their 'obsolete' response.

I will ask my local musicdealer of they stock those adapters....I'm going there now anyway.

Cheers.

Message 6/6             12-Nov-03  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: AN1X Power Supply?

craig

Actually, the RM1X is NOT PA3B, but my CS1X, MIDI box, and DTX drum kit all are. You should be able to find that power supply at Guitar Center, if you have such things in your country. I'm almost positive it's not discontinued.

-Craig

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)