aaa Micro Modular Questions - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Micro Modular Questions

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             24-Nov-03  @  05:48 PM   -   Micro Modular Questions

spectre

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just purchased a micro modular and I have a couple questions. First thing is currently I only have a 1x1 Edirol USB MIDI interface. I will be getting a new interface soon but I was wondering if it was possible in the meantime to use the MM with only a 1x1 interface while I wait for a new one to come. Like could I plug the PC MIDI in/out from the MM into the Edirol and load up patches and then switch the cords overs to the general MIDI in/out on the MM and then play the patches in Sonar?

Now I've attempted to try this but my 2nd problem is that I get an error when I try to tell the MM editor what MIDI interface to utilize. It recognizes the Edirol in the MIDI set up but when I try to enable it I get an error message that says it could not be enabled. I've downloaded the latest drivers for the Edirol but still get the same error.

Which leads to my 3rd question. What MIDI interfaces have you guys used successfully with the micro mod? In the manual it states that:

" The computer and Nord Modular exchange two-way MIDI Sysex messages, transferred at full MIDI rate. It has turned out that not all MIDI interfaces on the market today are able to handle this type of dense communication, even though the communication is 100% according to the MIDI standard. Generally, MIDI interfaces integrated on sound cards tend to be more unstable than external serial or parallel port interfaces."

I'm running Windows XP home with a SBLive! (yeah, I know).

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             24-Nov-03  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Micro Modular Questions

craig

Link?: Link

I don't know if you could pull that off or not. It seems to me you could switch MIDI leads, but you'd have to re-fire the editor every time.

I used a MIDIMan 2x2 with my Nord Modular. Both Modular and Midiman are for sale in the US if you're interested. I don't know what the problem is with your interface, but some interfaces just plain won't work. My Yamaha UX256 won't work with the modular either.

-Craig

Message 3/3             24-Nov-03  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Micro Modular Questions

spectre

Link?:  No link

Thanks, craig. I e-mailed Clavia to see if there were any reports about problems with the Edirol interface. I'll probably just hold out until I get the new interface, I am just itching to try it out.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot