aaa Emu_PROTEUS 2500 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Emu_PROTEUS 2500

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Dec-03  @  10:13 PM   -   Emu_PROTEUS 2500      [Link: Emu - PROTEUS 2500]

elijahscott1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What is the difference between A proteus 2500 And the mp-7. I'm trying to buy either or but i don't know the pros and cons. Can anybody help me?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Dec-03  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Emu_PROTEUS 2500

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

I've got a Proteus 2500... Good solid workstation that needs a bit of programming to unlock the best out of the EMU S+S engine.. Good solid selection of drum kits, nice fast sequencer, great arpeggiators and its 4 blood U high! (looks good in any studio if flashing lights are your thang!!)

I'm guessing by the appearance of the produce page link on this thread that you've had time to check the differences between them out..

(BTW, you should be able to pick up a P2500 for about £450-£500 brand new or about £350-£400 2nd hand - mint condition mind, don't settle for less)

Message 3/5             30-Dec-03  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: Emu_PROTEUS 2500

mcc>

****if flashing lights are your thang!!) ______

as long as they're not in your rear-view mirror.

i just discovered you can't edit/copy/paste an emoticon so i added it for accuracy of quote.

Message 4/5             30-Dec-03  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: Emu_PROTEUS 2500

dARKSTATe

True.. especially as you can now get done in this country for talking on your mobile without a hands free whilst drivin' - those traffic cops eh? Anything for more revenue!!

Message 5/5             30-Dec-03  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Emu_PROTEUS 2500

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link

They are the same the same engine, same sequencer etc... with different sound sets. and the MP-7 has swishy purple graphics and ugly end caps if you don't rack it...

that's the only difference.

The sequencer in these things is nice, but a bit cumbersome... copy and paste is done in a really different way than any other sequencer I've seen! And they are geared at the dance market with 4/4 being the only resolution... ... ... but I've used my XL-7 (same thing but yellow, with a techno-ish soundset) live a few time now, and it's a great piece of kit!

BUT BUT BUT...

The clock on these things is off a bit! As long as the Emu is the only sequencer there's no worries, but it is not truly in time... and has to be synced to an external clock to get it to work nicely with other clocks!

p

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot