aaa soundcard advice needed - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: soundcard advice needed

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Dec-03  @  09:05 PM   -   soundcard advice needed

Johnny.peebles

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

have purchased a new pc and will need a nice soundcard to go with it for music production.

I intend to run, Reason, Cubase, Acid, and a few Soft Synths and all the usual gear, but im not sure which sound card to go with. I have a budget of about £200
and it has to be good with the latency as i want to run a midi keyboard for the soft synths and shit, as well as good audio recording.

PC Specs are 256 mb ram ( to be upgraded to 516), 80 gig HD, and 2.0 ghz processor ( Intell celron i think )

Can anyone give us advice on what soundcards to go for?

At the moment i am running a Soundblaster live 256 card which has served me for past 4 years.

Cheers,
Johnny

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Jan-04  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: soundcard advice needed

k

Link?:  Link

Hoontech dsp24/96 MkII or the VALUE package, (either should be bought WITH the optional DB1 bracket)

or the delta audiophile 24/96 from m-audio is good - thoese are two very popular, well-priced & reliable units

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             25-Feb-04  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: soundcard advice needed

geraldandreas

Link?: Link

with the driver from kx-project, you can use every creative soundcard with EMU10K1 or 10K2 DSP. it is from the SB Live 1024 on or every audigy card. you can get 5ms latency with optimal configuration under w2k or xp, and you have full control over the card. take a look on www.kx-project.com and look at the screenshots.
regards, gerald

Message 4/4             25-Feb-04  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: soundcard advice needed

k

Link?:  Link

true, you'll still need a midi interface tho - i prefer the audio & midi to be with the same device myself.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)