aaa XP or 2000 Professional - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: XP or 2000 Professional

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             24-Jan-04  @  07:38 PM   -   XP or 2000 Professional

miscible

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which would be the ideal for logic?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jan-04  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

Boo

Link?:  Link

OS X, of course.

Message 3/7             31-Jan-04  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

Steve Roughley

File?:  File

Tweak.zip

XP Pro is your best choice. Its ultimately tweakable and has many multi-media enhancements since 2000. I still use it for Logic and it is as stable as a rock. Just ensure that you switch off everything: Themes/Styles, Visual Effects, Updates, Disk Performance checking, System Restore, etc, etc. There are loads of tweaks that you need to do in fact. I've attached a zip file with all of the reading material I have on tweaking XP. It should cover everything.

Regards.

Stephen.

Message 4/7             31-Jan-04  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

k

well..... have system restore ON after getting your installs right and everything working - then save it - then switch it off - that way you have a saved config ....shirley ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             23-Feb-04  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

lsw

"I am serious and dont call me shirley"

Message 6/7             24-Feb-04  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             24-Feb-04  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: XP or 2000 Professional

k

oh yeah, and use FAT32, not NTFS format for the drive when you install... for easiest results & working

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)